• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can OS create an e-book site

I would like to create an e-book site but not sure if OS can do this. This is all very new to be. here are my questions;

Can it down load e-books

Are ther autoresponders that can inform the customer that they can down NOW

Can I assign the number of download per person

How is the Dta Base collection for future e-mail?

Will it allow for Free down loads in the shoping cart/

I could use eveyones help if you have the time.

Thanks

Arpad

Yes for all of that. You can have any type of downloadable product you want. You can set time frames for them to download with reminders. You can let people know when a new product is added that they might want to check out. It asked people if they want to subscribe to your newletter which will then add their email to your newsletter list. You can also add a constant contact contribution to make that work even better. free downloads are definitely possible and you can offer them at different parts of the shopping cart.. so like the check out will yield their free download.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Yes for all of that. You can have any type of downloadable product you want. You can set time frames for them to download with reminders. You can let people know when a new product is added that they might want to check out. It asked people if they want to subscribe to your newletter which will then add their email to your newsletter list. You can also add a constant contact contribution to make that work even better. free downloads are definitely possible and you can offer them at different parts of the shopping cart.. so like the check out will yield their free download.

Wow...Thanks Lindsay. I didnt expect a resonse so quickly. This all sounds really great. Thanks for replying...congratulations on getting married

Arpad

no. the initial download is basic install. You can see a working demo here if you go to the top and click solutions -> downloads.

The addons are added after the intial install and MOST of them are easy. the coding is done for you and you just follow the instructions. Any issues with the addons and you can comehere and ask for help.

You DEFINITELY should be adding the super download store contribution if you are doing ebooks.

How much do you know about coding, php, html, and web sites?

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

no. the initial download is basic install. You can see a working demo here if you go to the top and click solutions -> downloads.

The addons are added after the intial install and MOST of them are easy. the coding is done for you and you just follow the instructions. Any issues with the addons and you can comehere and ask for help.

You DEFINITELY should be adding the super download store contribution if you are doing ebooks.

How much do you know about coding, php, html, and web sites?

Thanks again . NO, i do not know much about coding. I am looking to find an easy to use e-commerace site where I simply add the content to a templet. Am I barking up the wrong Tree? I have a Joomla web page so I am familiar with working with a Content magagement system. I was hopping that OS comm would be the same way after the initial install.

Arpad

it is the same thing. There are LOTS of contributions you can add. if you want a basic site, then you will be fine. You can use the STS which will let you create an html template. I'm not sure how it works, but i know people LOVE IT because it makes customizing easy.

You just need to know the basics to get started, and then can learn from there.

Archived