• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Launch in a Product Category Rather than "login" page.

monicapepe

Does anyone know how to skip the login page when OsC launches and go directly to a specific category. I only have a few products in one category to sell at the moment and I do not want to confuse people by giving them the login page, then have them try to fumble their way to the product list.

I would like it to launch the product list first.

I could not find any settings in Admin for this or on the forum anywhere.

I tried to move my products to the top level of the catalog, but I still have to click on the "catalog" link, then click the sub category to see the products.

Any advice is appreciated.

:(

This post contains a simple modification to get osC to open the home page to a specific category, if you're interested:

Click Me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

That index.php worked great! Took a few minutes to figure out the correct category id...

For any newbies reading this post... the category ID for your products is contained in the table called Products_to_categories in your database. You'll need to access your db via SQL, and display the contents of this table (select the table then select browse). I guess this step depends on the application you use to view the database.

Anywho... thank you for this quick edit. Its super easy and no need to install any contributions.

Or you can just click on your favorite category, and look at the address in the address bar.

Whatever is says for "cPath=" is the category ID to use.

I'm glad it worked for you, too.

:rolleyes:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived