• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can someone help a noob?

unrealistic

I had someone make my site for some $$ , now after few weeks, i kinda want some changes

Im a complete noob at coding, so please dont get mad at me

www.d2annis.com is the site

I would like to do these 4 things to my site

1. Center the webpage, so the rest of the areas can be another colour , kind of like www.d2supplies.com

2. how do i go about getting a cheap template or make my own template and adding it on my site instead of the original plain white

3. how do i add another section like Vote For Us! and then have banners or images of them so when you click each, you will be voting for my site

4. How do i make it so that when i hover my mouse over any image, its bigger?

thank you for looking and please help me out !

1. Go to addons.oscommerce.com and search CENTER SITE - there is a contribution for that

2. you can buy a template from any provider that sells oscommerce templates, but you put your site at risk when it comes to adding other functions throuigh contributions because MANY template sites are soo hacked that it isnt even close to the stock oscommerce. TO build your own look, you can start be going to the tips and tricks forum on htere and find the BASICS FOR DESIGN thread.

3.Voting is a big thing and you need to expand on it. Where are they voting? Where are the polls being kept?

4. do a google search for hover effect.

I do suggest that you learn a little more about html and php. Try to getthe basics of CSS too. It will be VERY helpful to you if you REALLY want to get your site as far away from the stock oscommerce as possible. Read books on oscommerce, play around in dreamweaver and then read the code that it creates.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

1. Go to addons.oscommerce.com and search CENTER SITE - there is a contribution for that

2. you can buy a template from any provider that sells oscommerce templates, but you put your site at risk when it comes to adding other functions throuigh contributions because MANY template sites are soo hacked that it isnt even close to the stock oscommerce. TO build your own look, you can start be going to the tips and tricks forum on htere and find the BASICS FOR DESIGN thread.

3.Voting is a big thing and you need to expand on it. Where are they voting? Where are the polls being kept?

4. do a google search for hover effect.

I do suggest that you learn a little more about html and php. Try to getthe basics of CSS too. It will be VERY helpful to you if you REALLY want to get your site as far away from the stock oscommerce as possible. Read books on oscommerce, play around in dreamweaver and then read the code that it creates.

idk how to add addons though, i searched CENTER SITE, and i went to the osC-CenterShop v2.1 for MS2

Archived