• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Importing a existing web layout

cypher1919

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out with OSCommerce, and it looks to be a great and useful solution. I have an existing layout that I want to use for my Estore, and I was wanting to know how to import it. Is there a way without having to start all over and recode my design in php? I'll admit up front that my php knowledge is in the development stages (as in Windows 3.1...lol), so any help will be appreciated to the fullest. If you need anymore info I'll be glad to supply. Thanks in advance.

Nothing Difficult is ever easy.

Roadmap 4 Newbies

Paypal Standard Setup

Toolbox: Gimp, DreamweaverCS3, Bluefish, kwrite, Konsole, ImageMagick, personal shell scripts, Eclipse, and Amarok(tunes produce better code)

There are 10 types of ppl in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I code. Thats all I do. Morning, noon, and night. I dream in hexadecimal.

Is there a way without having to start all over and recode my design in php?

A web design is only a starting point for any dynamic PHP based website. You do have to know how to integrate it into the PHP coding of osCommerce.

You have various options:

1. Learn how to apply your design to osCommerce

2. Use STS (Simple Template System) which makes it easier to incorporate an html based design into osCommerce

3. Buy a template from someone like templatemonster.com - but make sure it is an up to date one as many are old and out of date

Vger

Archived