• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! How do I add images already on web server?

Hello, I'm new to oscommerce and already have all the product images on the webserver (ftp'd up to the images directory). I'd like to know how to add the image without out having to upload from local pc using the browse button. Or how do I browse to the webserver?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

What happens if you just put the image name in and do not "browse"?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Hello, I'm new to oscommerce and already have all the product images on the webserver (ftp'd up to the images directory). I'd like to know how to add the image without out having to upload from local pc using the browse button. Or how do I browse to the webserver?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

If I put in the image name without selecting Browse, select the Preview button nothing happens.

If you have it locally, you can just upload it again and it will overwrite.

i usually mod the categories/product admin to allow direct entering of a relative URL path to work around this.

Rob

Rob Bell - Inspired Graphix

Customising osCommerce in Australia, and the world!

View my profile for web and email links.

I'm sorry, but i cannot offer Free support via PM etc, and osCommerce forums prohibit me from putting any reference to paid support in my signauture.

However viewing my profile may provide links to my website or something like that which you may find useful.

• 1 year later...

If you have it locally, you can just upload it again and it will overwrite.

i usually mod the categories/product admin to allow direct entering of a relative URL path to work around this.

Rob

Hello, how do I perform the mod?

Hello, how do I perform the mod?

In the /admin/categories.php file find the input for the image and you will see a jscript code that says something like OnFocus{do something} That is the code to remove.

I had the same problem but it became moot when I started using a feed file to populate the catalog.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

Archived