• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FTP

Hi,

I am just TRYING to get started, I am trying to create the backup file BUT, I do not know what details to put in the FTP program.

Please note as if it isn't obvious I do not know too much about this.

I am using Actinic on another site I have and can do this without too much hassle.

I can see the basic principles in the admin side of the program just haven't got a clue where to find the ftp details.

Please help ASAP.

I am using Core FTP if that helps.

Cheers.

Heli.

Hi,

I am just TRYING to get started, I am trying to create the backup file BUT, I do not know what details to put in the FTP program.

Please note as if it isn't obvious I do not know too much about this.

I am using Actinic on another site I have and can do this without too much hassle.

I can see the basic principles in the admin side of the program just haven't got a clue where to find the ftp details.

Please help ASAP.

I am using Core FTP if that helps.

Cheers.

Heli.

Hiya,

Just to throw another idea in...

I'm assuming you want to backup your site before you start making changes?

In that case, I always use the backup facility in C-Panel from my hosting company (Clook)

That way I can backup, make any changes, test. If I've broken something I can then use my C-Panel backup to restore the entire site.

Hope this helps!

In life, try everything three times...

First, just to see if you like it.

A Second, to see if you were mistaken the first,

And a third, to see if you tire of it quickly...

Hiya,

Just to throw another idea in...

I'm assuming you want to backup your site before you start making changes?

In that case, I always use the backup facility in C-Panel from my hosting company (Clook)

That way I can backup, make any changes, test. If I've broken something I can then use my C-Panel backup to restore the entire site.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply.

I am now into the site after a bit of fubling, however the mysql database side of things is no apparent to me.

I don't recall having gone through the setup screen as per the flash install guide, but if I go into www.mysite.com/catalog the site is there and installed.

How do I from there use a database I have of items I want to install.

I though Actinic was a head twister, this one really gets me :-(

Archived