• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Install asks for patience, but how long?

ericrigby

I am new to osCommerce, and have tried for several days to get started, but I am Stuck. I have uploaded version 2.2 latest version to my web host and tried v3.04 , uploaded each several times, tried uploading the catalog directory, or just contents to the root directory, I have searched for an answer, but have found no solution...

The end result is always the same. I can get to the point where I can start the installation, the database connection is checked and the database structure import starts. That's it. It says I need to be patient, but I have waited for hours, several times. I have done all the file/folder access permission changes suggested in the Quick Installation Guide in this forum, but I'm still waiting at that same page, importing database structure. On each re-upload, I have deleted the entire contents of the upload directory on the server. I have no idea what is happening on the server while I wait (if anything).

Am I not waiting long enough? What is happening? I would really appreciate some help!!

Thanks!

Archived