• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I remove the product image on the product page?

PureGeek

For numerous reasons the product image on the product page isn't working for us. I have gotten around this by not uploading an image and just putting a link to the image with the height and width that I want in the description box of the product page using code. The issue that I'm stuck on is there isn't a cute little image in the heading when the products are listed on the page that says, "Let's See What We Have Here". I want that little image, but not the one on the product page. I have already tried every conceivable combination on the admin section and it is not working the way that I want.

In product_info.php about line 112 there is this code.

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

I think this is the code that puts the product image on the product page, along with the text "Click To Enlarge". I also want that gone.

I have already found out I can't take it out, but is there anyway for it to be ignored?

That way I can go ahead and upload an image and have my cute little heading picture but not the one on the product page.

:P

Change

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

To;

document.write('<?php //echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

All that was added was // before the echo (<?php //echo). This can be used to remove any php code but still leave it there in case you change your mind one day.

Change

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

To;

document.write('<?php //echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br />' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');
//--></script>

All that was added was // before the echo (<?php //echo). This can be used to remove any php code but still leave it there in case you change your mind one day.

Hey thanks a bunch, that worked great!!!!!!

:D

Archived