• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with non store pages in site

luvnailz

I have a current online store that uses OSCommerce - www.shopluvnailz.com. I'm desperate and at a complete loss as to how to do these things. I tried just making an HTML page that would work in conjunction with my OSCommerce pages and it was a disaster.

I need to create a series of php pages that I can use for the following purposes. If these pages are being used, I don't want any of the shopping stuff to be showing on the left. The main buttons when people are not shopping will be "SHOP" "TUTORIALS" "CLASSES" "GALLERY" "FORUM" - however when they are shopping I'd like it to look the same way it does now, the "HOME" key will bring them to the front page, which can remain how it is now (except I plan to change the menu buttons to the ones I just listed). I've already created the new buttons for the tops, but I don't know how to set up the pages properly.

Anyway here are the pages I'd like to add that are not store like pages.

-Gallery - a photo gallery that I or registered users can add pictures to. Requires login to post, but not to view.

-Forum, a basic message forum with general discussion, tips and tricks, Tech locations, and announcements. Doesn't have to be very complicated. Requires login to view OR post.

-Classes - another needs to be a information and calendar page where I can post training classes, and class details. Does not require login

- Tutorials - another needs to be a tutorial page, where I can post videos and single page tutorials they can view and print. Does not require login.

Any ideas?? You people are geniuses! I might be willing to freelance if someone thinks its too complicated for a novice to do but wouldn't cost much. Thank you, I look forward to your replies.

You can definatly do this by yourself. When I checked out your site, the top links were linked to their specific pages. I know a way to do this so that you can have the links in the categories, so i think that you can do the same for the links at the top.

btw, i bookmarked your site so that I can check out your glitter fade tutorials ;)

SPACE FOR RENT!

btw, i bookmarked your site so that I can check out your glitter fade tutorials ;)

Thats funny! Well I want to do some video tutorials and everything is waiting for the new setup.

Can anyone give me a little step by step help???

Thats funny! Well I want to do some video tutorials and everything is waiting for the new setup.

Can anyone give me a little step by step help???

well, actually, the way i figuerd out how to do this from my categories box, was by following 2 different tutorials found on this site.

I'll look through my bookmarks and post them in about 15 min.

SPACE FOR RENT!

well, actually, the way i figuerd out how to do this from my categories box, was by following 2 different tutorials found on this site.

I'll look through my bookmarks and post them in about 15 min.

Thank you! I'll be watching for your post ;)

Thank you! I'll be watching for your post ;)

Ok, here's the two threads:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...232218&hl=: This thread shows you how to put the link into the categories box.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41625: This thread shows you how to edit the page put into the link.

I hope this helps! :huh:

SPACE FOR RENT!

Ok, here's the two threads:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...232218&hl=: This thread shows you how to put the link into the categories box.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41625: This thread shows you how to edit the page put into the link.

I hope this helps! :huh:

Hmm I don't actually want a link in the categories box. I actually want these pages to not be part of the store, just to look like the store. I want the whole middle section to be the message board, gallery etc. Just when they are in "shop mode" does the category column even need to be there. Does that make sense?

See I knew this would be tricky!

Would it not be easier to use products specificaly designed for Gallery, forum etc. and then modify them to look like your osc header?

Yea but I'm php stupid. :) Thats why I wanted some help. I'm sure for most of you all its a piece of cake, for me it is like trying to learn to paint the mona lisa. Which is why I would be willing to pay someone a little to help me. I'm more likely to make a mess.

Hmm I don't actually want a link in the categories box. I actually want these pages to not be part of the store, just to look like the store. I want the whole middle section to be the message board, gallery etc. Just when they are in "shop mode" does the category column even need to be there. Does that make sense?

See I knew this would be tricky!

ooooooh... so you want to maintain the look of the store without having the store? are you using something like STS? is your store based on just a single html file? if not, that this would probably be your best bet if i am to understand you correctly. I'd saythe best solution would be to recreate your site in one html file, the way you want it to look, and then use this as a template for entering in the forum, chatroom etc.

Or a simpler way would be to recreate the header of your shop and the stylesheet and apply it to the forum, etc

SPACE FOR RENT!