• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Advanced Customer Search in Admin

dubz99

I am hoping to add the ability to search by customer id in /admin/customers.php.

I have found the default search in the code which is below.

<?php echo tep_draw_form('search', FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'get'); ?>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
		<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', 1, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
		<td class="smallText" align="right"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE_SEARCH . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('search'); ?></td>
		<?php echo tep_draw_form('search', FILENAME_CUSTOMERS, '', 'get'); ?>

I was hoping to either add another box to search by Customer ID or just have the main box search do it.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW I also added a column to the customers.php and orders.php to make the customer id viewable on the page with success which appears at the far left.

TIA

dubz

In customers.php

replace:

$search = "where c.customers_lastname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_firstname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_email_address like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

by:

$search = "where c.customers_id = '" . $keywords . "' or c.customers_lastname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_firstname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_email_address like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

Perfect!

Many Thanks

dubz

In customers.php

replace:

$search = "where c.customers_lastname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_firstname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_email_address like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

by:

$search = "where c.customers_id = '" . $keywords . "' or c.customers_lastname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_firstname like '%" . $keywords . "%' or c.customers_email_address like '%" . $keywords . "%'";

oschellas

Is there anyway to do this from the store search? I found the code in advanced_search_result.php (below) but I do not know how to add the correct variable.

I would like to be able to do an exact search for inventory_number in the products table.

TIA

dubz

$where_str .= "(pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";
	  $where_str .= " or pd.products_description like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";
	  $where_str .= " or pd.products_short_description like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";
	  $where_str .= " or pd.products_features like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";

OK well I figured it out in the below code you just need to add the table "p." for products then the specific string you are looking for in my case the "stock_id", which would look like this "p.stock_id" then add the rest and you're good to go.

So my final code looks like the below, I also removed the "p.products_model" as it was make the query time unbearable (which is optional).

Original Code:

$where_str .= "(pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or m.manufacturers_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";

Final Code with changes:

$where_str .= "(pd.products_name like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.stock_id like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%' or p.products_model like '%" . tep_db_input($keyword) . "%'";

Hope this helps any others looking to improve there search results!

dubz

Archived