• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MODULES Configuration cannot EDIT

bertmie

My OSC Admin account is working correctly for all Configuration options but the MODULES group, Payment, Shipping and Order Total. The EDIT function of any module fails to post the parameter value chosen for change. After modifying the parameter value and selecting the UPDATE button, all parameter values remain as set at module INSTALL.

I have been troubleshooting for days and now run out of ideas, I look forward to any suggestions. Here is some background and an example problem.

I modified ZONES.PHP to include a second shipping zone; the zone country and shipping charge are explicitly listed within the PHP code. After modifying the PHP source code and selecting the INSTALL button the new second zone appears with all explicitly defined country and zone cost values as expected. Because of the explicit list, I expect to make any future country/zone-cost changes within the PHP code.

Next, I REMOVE the ZONE module and INSTALL the FLAT RATE module. Then I select EDIT to change to flat rate amount, modify the value and select UPDATE. The flat rate parameter value remains as set during the INTSALL; the value does NOT update!

The previous example is within the Shipping group. Now I want to activate my Payment Gateway with Authorize.Net and have no hope of success without the ability of changing any installed parameter values! I also checked and was unable to update any parameters within the Order Total modules.

Why does Admin Configuration work everywhere but with the MODULES group?

Regards,

Bert

We've been having the same issue. None of our modules will update. We've installed the following modules in order:

IMS Credit Card

UPS Shipping

FedEx Shipping

It seems this problem did not begin until around the time of the FedEx shipping install so we are uninstalling and will test further.

We've been having the same issue. None of our modules will update. We've installed the following modules in order:

IMS Credit Card

UPS Shipping

FedEx Shipping

It seems this problem did not begin until around the time of the FedEx shipping install so we are uninstalling and will test further.

I am still trooubleshooting the cannot EDIT any MODULE problem. I decided to keep things as simple as possible and troubleshoot using only the Flat Rate Shipping module. Until I can successfully change and update the flat rate value from the default of $5.00 or select a different Tax Class or Zone, there seems no point in trying to use a more complicated PHP porgram.

When I fix the problem, I will send you a message. If you have any further feedback, I am all ears.

Regards,

Bert

You might find something useful here:

Click Me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I am still trooubleshooting the cannot EDIT any MODULE problem. I decided to keep things as simple as possible and troubleshoot using only the Flat Rate Shipping module. Until I can successfully change and update the flat rate value from the default of $5.00 or select a different Tax Class or Zone, there seems no point in trying to use a more complicated PHP porgram.

When I fix the problem, I will send you a message. If you have any further feedback, I am all ears.

You may be using an older version of osCommerce (060817 to be exact) or one of the contributions that you installed had the older buggy code in the compatibility.php file. This bug has been corrected in the RC1&2 releases.

Here is the official bug fix:

1. Open the catalog/admin/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

2. At the end of the “do_magic_quotes_gpc” routine, add the following code

reset($ar);

It will end up looking like this:

function do_magic_quotes_gpc(&$ar) {
if (!is_array($ar)) return false;
while (list($key, $value) = each($ar)) {
if (is_array($ar[$key])) {
do_magic_quotes_gpc($ar[$key]);
} else {
$ar[$key] = addslashes($value);
}
}
reset($ar);
}

3. Do the same for the compatibility.php file located in catalog/includes/functions/compatibility.php.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks for the replies on how to correct this problem. I found both suggestions fixed the problem. I implemented Bill's fix; due to the global nature, it may impact other problems I have not yet seen.

Regards,

Bert

Archived