• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Error Message

I have just logged onto my site after installing the Referral Source add on. It logged in fine this morning, but I have just received this message now:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/perfumep/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 334

Please can somebody tell me what this means and how I can rectify it.

Many thanks,

I have just logged onto my site after installing the Referral Source add on. It logged in fine this morning, but I have just received this message now:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_current_page() on a non-object in /home/perfumep/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 334

Please can somebody tell me what this means and how I can rectify it.

Many thanks,

This line appears in the following part of the application_top.php file:

// navigation history

if (tep_session_is_registered('navigation')) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_navigation = $navigation;

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

$navigation->unserialize($broken_navigation);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('navigation');

$navigation = new navigationHistory;

}

$navigation->add_current_page();

I seem to have cured it by just deleting the line but I am not totally comfortable about doing that unless I can get confirmation that what I ahve done will nto effect anything else.

Thank you for your assistance

Having just seen the topic below about this, I am still uncomfortable about how I solved my problem. I have the wording that Fimble describes in my application_top.php file, but got the error with the changed wording. I have deleted the last last of the new code as explained above and my site appears to work fine, but it is only through luck rather than judgement I think.

I would be grateful if somebody with a greater knowledge of this than me could confirm I havent just taken a short cut to oblivion!

Many thanks

Archived