• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Tax class is doubling in description and calculation in checkout_confirmation.php

rachel.t.lee

Hi - I'm new to forums so I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place?

I have got a pretty customised version of oscommerce happening but I have come across a problem where the tax class shows up in checkout_confirmation.php just before the "total" seems to be doubling up both in the description and also the actual calculation of that tax:

---

example if I was to have an item in the cart that is $150:

Australian GST + Australian GST: $30

---

(So it should only be:

Australian GST: $15

I have checked the set up in the admin and there is only one tax class that is for Australia to calculate 10% GST

Hope this all makes sense - I am just stuck as to where the double up would be happening in the code (I'm very green when it comes to PHP coding)

P.S. Any help is greatly appreciated!! :)

• 1 month later...

I have exact the same problem (Double tax 14%)

Even I remove Tax rate,(Tax class, Tax zone everything), checkout would still have 7% tax applied (Singapore)

How Can I remove tax, since all my products' prices are inclusive of tax

BTW, country and currency I set to Singapore (Singapore Dollar) also, does it affect? (However, I change to sth like Euro, USD, it appear the same)

Thanks in advance

anyone could help to answer, it is so fustrating, I don't want to apply tax, but it auto applies tax for all the product, So i don't know where the 7% tax is from, is it because the server is located in Singapore, so it auto applies Singapore current GST, which is 7%??

thanks

The problem was just solved

I checked MySQL database, and noticed that there were TWO 7% tax on top of Singapore 7% GST, I believed that these TWO 7% tax record were from default installation setting which was set to US Florida 7%, although it had been deleted twice (I recreated for some reason), its record was still living in SQL datatbase.

Thus, I deleted those TWO annoying 7% taxes, lefting with Singapore 7% GST (but not applied in admin panel), thereafter, everything running like charm: NO tax is applying to any product at checkout.

Hopefully, this success could help some people coming across problems like me...

yours

peter

Archived