• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

whats my version ?

amitxox

Guys,

I tried to look but could not find it. whats the best way to find out which oscommerce version is installed on my server and are instructions to upgrade from oscommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 to the new osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a release.

I think i am on oscommerce 2.2 milestone 2. The instructions in osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 2a release are to upgrade from RC1 which I never did convert to.

Please advise.

Thanks

Amit

ok the i found out mine is "osCommerce 2.2-MS2". Is there enough reason to upgrade to the RC version releases and if online merchant release candidate 2a.If yes, are there instructions to go from MS2 to RC 2a (the latest version ). Please do let me know.

Thanks

Amit

See the link in my signature.

Jack

Jack is it worth doing though or should i just stick to MS2. What all is new RC 2a.

Amit

Instructions are included though I wouldn't recommend doing it unless you are experienced at making such changes.

Jack

What's new is mentioned in the upgrade instructions. Whether it is worth upgrading or not depends on how badly you need/want the changes. My usual response is that they are not important enough to do an upgrade for, especially if you are not familiar with the code. The changes it adds are nice though, and even needed in some case, so if you feel up to the task, then it may be worth your time. There's no correct answer on this one.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived