• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

simplifying oscommerce's structure: is it possible?

smoking81

hello everybody!

I spent a couple of hours trying to install and understand a bit of oscommerce (and zen cart) but have still problems understanding if this kind of product is advisable for solving my problem...

I want to build a simple electronic shop-window: I have several categories (closets,chandeliers, ear rings, mirrors, rings, etc) containing some unique products, each described by some information (length, width, price, photos, ecc) peculiar of its category (eg. an ear ring doesn't need a 'width' field). So, I don't need a shopping cart, payment system, and all the other complex features typical of a fully working shop...

Looking the structure of oscommerce, I am still confused of what kind of flexibility is provided to the developer, if it is possible to create something like a joomla template with a reduced set of modules (e.g. disabling the cart functions) and also to simplify the backend accordingly.

In the case it's possible to do such things with oscommerce, may you please suggest me some tutorial which could help?

thanks a lot in advance!

Bye!

I want to build a simple electronic shop-window: I have several categories (closets,chandeliers, ear rings, mirrors, rings, etc) containing some unique products

Fine .. categories and products.

each described by some information (length, width, price, photos, ecc) peculiar of its category (eg. an ear ring doesn't need a 'width' field).

These are called attributes and can be individually set per product.

So, I don't need a shopping cart, payment system, and all the other complex features typical of a fully working shop...

You don't want to sell anything?

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

It works for me.

:huh:

Are you clicking on the 16x16_download.gif

:unsure:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived