• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie Checkout query

mitchk

Hi - I have just about finished my site design and nearly ready to upload it - I have installed the Paypal IPN and the Google Checkout IPN - I am curious and confused to whether I need a security certificate or not as all of the credit card payment is not processed on my site ? will I need any security at all ?

many thanks

mitch

You definitely need it.

Its not just the payment details, its the personal information too.

I really do no tthink you will get too many customers if they do not see the padlock when they go to sign up.

Its also a very good idea to have your Admin SSL protected too.

Regards

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

You definitely need it.

Its not just the payment details, its the personal information too.

I really do no tthink you will get too many customers if they do not see the padlock when they go to sign up.

Its also a very good idea to have your Admin SSL protected too.

Regards

Nic

thanks - I just looked at the details of my hosting account and it says it has openSSL is this what I need or do I need to purchase a certificate which they advertise at £99

mitch

There are many places where you can purchase an SSL certificate online. You can even write one yourself if you know how. Then there are verification entities such as verisign who confirm that your site is SSL protected, adding more peace of mind for your customers. I would imagine the certificate from verisign is reliable enough. I am working on this process too. Please post if you find anything useful!

Archived