• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Subcategory image

rob2k

Hi,

I have a question regarding subcategory images on oscommerce. Basically, what I want to know if its possible that when you click on a category and all the sub categories come up instead of just a text link is it possible to have an image show up and the image is of any product within the subcategory.

i am not sure if i am explaining it correctly but let me give you an example:

Lets say I have a site selling Car parts.

Sample categories are:

Doors

Headlights

Wheels

Now the subcategory for wheels are(when you click on wheels a new page loads up with the following subcategories):

Racing

Chrome

each of these categories has many products and I basically want an image of any wheel from within the racing category to show up on the subcategory.

can anyone help?or am i confusing others as i am confusing myself?

Thanks a lot for your help.

DropDownMenu v2.0 (Advanced Search infobox) http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2306

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

I think what Tom suggested above is what you are looking for if you are wanting a "random" product image to become your category image.

A much simpler solution would be to assign a product image to a specific category/subcategory in the admin using the image upload function already there, nothing extra to install.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Archived