• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Newbie! Buttons/icons not displaying, admin looking all wrong

povall_666

Hi first post, go easy!

Just installed oscommerce, seems fine. But the admin looks completely different to the way it should, very text based, and also various buttons and icons are not showing. They are difinitely uploaded, as can be downloaded and viewed. When opening the icons in questions, im greeted with an Internal Server Error.

All permisions on all files are set to read write and execute for everyone, that was the first thing i did. However, i still get a server error and parts just wont show.

Any ideas? Is it me or the server or what? Cheers, Adam.

Hi first post, go easy!

Just installed oscommerce, seems fine. But the admin looks completely different to the way it should, very text based, and also various buttons and icons are not showing. They are difinitely uploaded, as can be downloaded and viewed. When opening the icons in questions, im greeted with an Internal Server Error.

All permisions on all files are set to read write and execute for everyone, that was the first thing i did. However, i still get a server error and parts just wont show.

Any ideas? Is it me or the server or what? Cheers, Adam.

Are the items that aren't showing up in the admin section, or in the store? Is it all of the graphics, or only some of them?

Do the image files have the appropriate suffix (.jpg, .gif, etc.)? It must be part of the file name to be visible on the internet, whereas your computer can probably figure it out. Also there can't be any spaces in the file names (once again, on your computer you can view them, but on the internet they won't be readable.

Archived