• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Separate Pricing Per Customer v3.3 fresh install

VyReN

Everything has been installed according to directions -- Everything works EXCEPT in /admin/catagories.php. Nothing appears to change the prices... Anyone ran into this before?? I AM using Attribute Sorter and Copier v5.0 by Linda... That is the only mod to catagories.php... Any ideas?

Thanks!

I have figured out this much:

(Around line 507 as stated in the docs)

$header = false;

while ($customers_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_group_query)) {

if (!$header) {

$header = true;

It never enters the 'while' statment... I've looked things over, but the database stuff still leaves me confused at times...ok...all the time. :D

Good ... hate when my code goes moofy ... and just wanted to be sure that it hadn't done so here ...

I can tell you that your code has nothing to do with this....

I think it is some sort of database issue (I'm guessing here) because:

(From "Around line 230")

while ($customers_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_group_query)) // Gets all of the customers groups

{

Never gets into this 'while' statment.... Never gets the customers groups. What gets me is the /admin/customers.php changes work fine, gets the groups, adds groups, everything... So my database would appear to be setup correctly....

Just a silly question ... did you login so that you belong to a group? And does your login set a group value to be used in the select statement before the while loop?

Shouldn't matter - This is on the admin side to actually change the diffrent levels of prices.

AH HA!

Making progress! Once I made a few little changes to the database (manually inserted a product into the products_groups table) things are rolling along now. Except for a slight glitch where the data is being messed up and swapped with --- ta da --- Linda's addon. :D Should be easy to fix...? I'll let everyone know, i'm sure I won't be the only one to run into this...

Yesssss.... It seems both contribs pass data using the same names price[1] and options[1]. Badda bing. I think I've got this thing nipped...

eekkss!! :shock:

Conflicts in the making ... I will have to peek at that one when I get some time.

Conflicts in the making ... I will have to peek at that one when I get some time.

I guess my suggestion would be to add something to the post varable names ... change price to attribprice or something to that effect... I'm merely adding the letter 'c' before any post action involving the seperate pricing mod... It would seem wise for all contrib authors to do this, I guess....

Crapola. New problem. When I get to checkout_confirmation.php I lose all the attrib data. The price is still correct, but the options appear as:

- : (0.00)

Darn it... Just when I thought I was getting somewhere...

Hi Glen,

I am having the same problems with the installation. The price does not change in admin/categories.php. It always stays at "0.000" and it is affecting my product attributes mod. Please let me know if you find a fix to this problem. I have been trying to play with the codes for like 3 days now.... :tellme:

Thanks,

David

It's easy...

go through all the code you added to /admin/catagories.php

change all code that says:

$HTTP_POST_VARS['option']

to

$HTTP_POST_VARS['xyzoption'] (xyz can be almost anything you want)

and

$HTTP_POST_VARS['price']

to

$HTTP_POST_VARS['xyzprice']

and

do a search for:

'price[

and

'option[

change them to the same names as above

'xyzprice[

and

'xyzoption[

That should take care of the POST issues... I'm still working on why I lose my "options" in the checkout, though... Let me know if you have the same issue...

Thanks for your reply. IT WORKS! Thanks for your help! My prices are now stored and my attributes are not lost! Awesome!! Let me know if you need anything from me. I am happy now!  

Sweeeet. I'm glad after so many months I was able to do some good! :D Losing the product options seems to be something else I screwed up....I think I got cut-happy in /classes/options.php... I dono, at 3am I started all over.... :D

Hi Glen, someone else brought up the products options before. What do you mean when you say you "lose" them? I know I didn't write the mod to have anything to do with options because my work doesn't use them, but if it screws them up, then I'll need to fix it. Thanks for helping out also, glad you got the other problem taken care of.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????

Hi Glen, someone else brought up the products options before. What do you mean when you say you "lose" them? I know I didn't write the mod to have anything to do with options because my work doesn't use them, but if it screws them up, then I'll need to fix it. Thanks for helping out also, glad you got the other problem taken care of.

I'm not sure at this point if your code messed up the options...I am going to do a fresh install of your mod today... I'm putting money that it was my mistake... But I also have a ton of mods done on my store... I'll keep ya' posted.

O.K. O.K. O.K. I messed up not only my /classes/order.php but my /classes/shopping_cart.php. This mod does not affect the product options once you fix the POST var problems on the admin side when using the Attrib addon by Linda... I gotta stop coding after midnight....

Thanks to all for your support in my 3 hours of losing my mind...although I kept answering my own questions...but I do that a lot in real life as well.

Thanks for keeping me posted glen, I appreciate it and hope the mod works out well for you.

If every member of this board donated $1 to the dev team, that would be over $11,000.00. Don't you think this cart is worth at least a $1????