• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

help with code

whitehawk43

I added text to my site at catalog/includes/language/english/index.php

when I got done adn uploaded the file my page came up with nothing showing.

can some one take a look at the code and tell me what I did wrong I don't see any thing wrong with the code.

define('TEXT_MAIN',Welcome to our New Wholesale Gift Store. We sell Unique Gifts, Collectables, Home Decor, Garden and Patio Decor, Apparel, Jewelry, Toys and so much more we can not name them all here. We have Unique Gifts and Decor for the whole family, friends and Retailers. We have made a few changes to our Wholesale store to help our customers find Unique Gifts, Collectables and Home Decor items with ease.

<br>Our Wholesale Gifts, Collectables and Home Decor items are Great Gifts for everyone or pamper yourself and family. Our prices are so low Retailers can make a 50 percent mark-up with ease. We also have Bulk Buys that are irresistible at the check-out stand.<br> Take a look at our top selling catagories: Western Gifts & Decor, Birdhouses/Birdfeeders, Candles/Candleholders, Mythical, Health & Beauty, Bathroom Decor,

Collectables, Vases, Fountains, Garden,Patio, Incense & Incense Holders.

We also have Unique Gifts and Decor for all those special Holidays.<br>

We encourage you to have fun! We know you will find those

Unique Gifts you have been looking for. Thank You for visiting Mo\'s Gifts & Things and Have a Great Day.'.');

has me puzzled

Thanks

Ben

I added text to my site at catalog/includes/language/english/index.php

when I got done adn uploaded the file my page came up with nothing showing.

can some one take a look at the code and tell me what I did wrong I don't see any thing wrong with the code.

define('TEXT_MAIN',Welcome to our New Wholesale Gift Store. We sell Unique Gifts, Collectables, Home Decor, Garden and Patio Decor, Apparel, Jewelry, Toys and so much more we can not name them all here. We have Unique Gifts and Decor for the whole family, friends and Retailers. We have made a few changes to our Wholesale store to help our customers find Unique Gifts, Collectables and Home Decor items with ease.

<br>Our Wholesale Gifts, Collectables and Home Decor items are Great Gifts for everyone or pamper yourself and family. Our prices are so low Retailers can make a 50 percent mark-up with ease. We also have Bulk Buys that are irresistible at the check-out stand.<br> Take a look at our top selling catagories: Western Gifts & Decor, Birdhouses/Birdfeeders, Candles/Candleholders, Mythical, Health & Beauty, Bathroom Decor,

Unique Gifts you have been looking for. Thank You for visiting Mo\'s Gifts & Things and Have a Great Day.'.');

has me puzzled

Thanks

Ben

I may be wrong Ben, but try ading an apostrophy like this.... define ('TEXT_MAIN', 'Welcome to our..... ......Things and Have a Great Day.');

As i say might be worng, but i been fiddeling with mine today as well and that has worked for mine.

Great Day.'.');

Should be:

Great Day.');

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Nothing wrong with that code.

You have an error somewhere else...

:(

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

If I load the file with out text the page loads fine

could it be some thing in my text that is messing with the php code ?

define('TEXT_MAIN',' Welcome to our New Wholesale Gift Store. We sell Unique Gifts, Collectables, Home Decor, Garden and Patio Decor, Apparel, Jewelry, Toys and so much more we can not name them all here. We have Unique Gifts and Decor for the whole family, friends and Retailers. We have made a few changes to our Wholesale store to help our customers find Unique Gifts, Collectables and Home Decor items with ease.

Unique Gift you have been looking for. Thank You for visiting Mo\'s Gifts & Things and Have a Great Day. ');

php can be a real pain LOL

Thanks all any Ideas are help real lost now

Ben

Gee....

:blush:

I really hate to be repetative, BUT...

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Gee....

:blush:

I really hate to be repetative, BUT...

OK sorry did not know you meant text as well beside the php code

any idea where I should look ?

If I may ask

Look in any file you've edited since the last time you successfully entered the main page.

The reason I know that code is OK is that I have a "test area" and I copy/pasted your text into my page and it loaded fine.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Look in any file you've edited since the last time you successfully entered the main page.

The reason I know that code is OK is that I have a "test area" and I copy/pasted your text into my page and it loaded fine.

OK will check thanks for the info

sorry about bein a pain

Ben

You're not a "pain".

It would be a good idea to start making backups before making edits to files.

That way if there is a problem, just replace the "problem file" with the backup and start over.

Just a suggestion.....

;)

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

You're not a "pain".

It would be a good idea to start making backups before making edits to files.

That way if there is a problem, just replace the "problem file" with the backup and start over.

Just a suggestion.....

;)

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice on making a back up

But I learned that one yrs ago when learning html ;)

and I went back and checked what I edited and everything works fine till

I take the default text out and add mine .

And with what/how do you edit the file?

:unsure:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Try the same process, but use Wordpad (NOT WORD!). Just be sure to save it as a "Text document".

There's nothing wrong with the text as I've tested it, provided you're using the exact text you've posted here.

The problem then is narrowed down to the editing program you use or the method of transfer to/from the server.

I take it you haven't bothered installing the text editor we discussed...

:lol:

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Try the same process, but use Wordpad (NOT WORD!). Just be sure to save it as a "Text document".

There's nothing wrong with the text as I've tested it, provided you're using the exact text you've posted here.

The problem then is narrowed down to the editing program you use or the method of transfer to/from the server.

I take it you haven't bothered installing the text editor we discussed...

:lol:

Will try that

and yes I did but after install it gave me a error that the

program was missing file so I went back the other way for now

And I am using filezilla for my ftp

Oh, and you are FTP'ing back to the /includes/languages/english folder, right?

I've seen too many people put the language file into the root/catalog folder, then wonder why it doesn't work.

:huh:

Personally, I think having files by the same name but located in various folders is an "Achilles heel" for the cart.

It makes it easy to work on, but way too easy to put the wrong file into the wrong folder.

And be sure to FTP PHP (and other "man readable") files in TEXT or ASCII mode, not BINARY mode.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Oh, and you are FTP'ing back to the /includes/languages/english folder, right?

I've seen too many people put the language file into the root/catalog folder, then wonder why it doesn't work.

:huh:

Personally, I think having files by the same name but located in various folders is an "Achilles heel" for the cart.

It makes it easy to work on, but way too easy to put the wrong file into the wrong folder.

And be sure to FTP PHP (and other "man readable") files in TEXT or ASCII mode, not BINARY mode.

yes to putting it back in the right place

and under stand about achilles heel lesson leared here the hard way ;)

my ftp is set to auto detect for file type has never failed me yet

Sounds good.

If you got the missing file error from the editor we discussed, ignore it.

It always does that as far as I can tell.

I've installed it 3 times on 3 different PC's, always got the same error, but it always works.

Added in edit:

Actually, I've installed it on 4 different PC's.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Sounds good.

If you got the missing file error from the editor we discussed, ignore it.

It always does that as far as I can tell.

I've installed it 3 times on 3 different PC's, always got the same error, but it always works.

Added in edit:

Actually, I've installed it on 4 different PC's.

OK will give that a try and see what happens

thanks for the input and time

will let you know the out come I have you in friends list will send a message if I need to

just a note after in download copy of file before I upload I change the name of file

so I always have the frist one

index.php to index1.php

;)

Thanks again

Ben

Archived