• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Wishlist v1.2 - Extended

dreamscape

This version updated the help file and makes a few changes to the box making it easier for customers to view their wishlist's.

if you are upgrading from v1.1 or v1.11 extended, you can just overwrite the files

/includes/modules/wishlist/wishlist.php

/includes/languages/english/wishlist_help.php

/includes/languages/english/wishlist.php

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great contrib, and a much needed upgrade. I wasn't happy with the old wishlist, but it did the job. But one warning, (not a bug though). Make sure all your wishlists in the database are empty, before you do the upgrade. I found out that the new version doesn't show any of the items in the old wishlist. I installed a tested it and couldn't figure out why it was saying I had two items in my wishlist but only showed one. Becuase I had an item from the old wishlist.

Thought you would like to know.

Steve

-------------------------

Hi,

Unfortunately this contribution does strange things and does not work 100% for me. I have already installed 1.1b Wishlist, but followed the instructions of replacing 3 files and not good at all.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS' at line 1

select * from customers_wishlist WHERE customers_id=2 order by products_name limit 0, MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS

[TEP STOP]

Plus my Wishlist side box has the item TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT

View

Any suggestions or have I complete read the instructions wrong and have to reinstall the whole thing again :(

There are 2 lines you need to add into the /catalog/includes/configure.php I had the same problem, Dreamscapes example above isn't complete.

This will fix your first error:

define('MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_PRODUCTS', '10'); // How many wishlist items to show per page on the main wishlist.php file

define('MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX', '6'); // How many wishlist items to display in the infobox before it changes to a counter

And you need to replace a section in /catalog/includes/english.php

This will fix your second.

// wishlist box text in includes/boxes/wishlist.php

define('BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST', 'My Wishlist');

define('BOX_WISHLIST_EMPTY', 'You have no items on your Wishlist');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST', 'Add to Wishlist');

define('TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT', 'Currently %s items are on your Wishlist.');

define('TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_WISHLIST', 'Displaying <b>%d</b> to <b>%d</b> (of <b>%d</b> items on your wishlist)');

This will fix both your problems. From what I remember.

Steve

Brilliant! Did the job perfectly!

For all who also got some weird errors in the boxes, try this:

Line 59: 

$customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL') . '"><u>View your wishlist ' .  '</u> [+]</a></td></tr>' . "n";

$customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="javascript:popupWindowWishlist('' . tep_href_link('popup_' . FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP, '','NONSSL') . '')"><u>'. ' Help</u> [?]</a></td></tr>' . "n"; // Popup link

$customer_wishlist_string .= '</table>';

This will remove the main page link and have the pop-up link appear.

It was a little doosy to get going, but having all these items listed on a page is brilliant. All you need to do is edit the wishlist.php file in your catalog directory the way you wish and your rocking.

For all who also got some weird errors in the boxes, try this:

Line 59: 

$customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL') . '"><u>View your wishlist ' .  '</u> [+]</a></td></tr>' . "n";

$customer_wishlist_string .= '<tr><td colspan="3" align="right" class="smallText"><a href="javascript:popupWindowWishlist('' . tep_href_link('popup_' . FILENAME_WISHLIST_HELP, '','NONSSL') . '')"><u>'. ' Help</u> [?]</a></td></tr>' . "n"; // Popup link

$customer_wishlist_string .= '</table>';

This will remove the main page link and have the pop-up link appear.

It was a little doosy to get going, but having all these items listed on a page is brilliant. All you need to do is edit the wishlist.php file in your catalog directory the way you wish and your rocking.

its not a weird error... I put 2 links to the wishlist help on purpose... one a popup and one a normal page... in the directions I tell the line numbers of each and to either comment out or delete the link you don't want... did it that way cause some might prefer a wishlist help page as to the wishlist help popup.

- Edmund Burke

This is a great contrib, and a much needed upgrade. I wasn't happy with the old wishlist, but it did the job. But one warning, (not a bug though). Make sure all your wishlists in the database are empty, before you do the upgrade. I found out that the new version doesn't show any of the items in the old wishlist. I installed a tested it and couldn't figure out why it was saying I had two items in my wishlist but only showed one. Becuase I had an item from the old wishlist.

Thought you would like to know.

I have no idea why that would have happened unless you ran the SQL query, which is completely unecessary and a bad idea if you are upgrading from v1.1b. I had the old wishlist installed before creating/installing the extened version and had no problems at all like that...

umm... it could also be a bug from the old wishlist where the same item could be placed in the wishlist more than once... for example if you hit add to wishlist on the product info page 4 times, that item would be placed in the wishlist 4 times. I fixed the extended version to prevent that from happening and to only show it once if it did somehow happen... looks like that is what happened. the counter shows 2 but the main page shows one because it is the same item more than once... deleting the item and re-adding it to the wishlist will fix that problem.

- Edmund Burke

its not a weird error... I put 2 links to the wishlist help on purpose... one a popup and one a normal page... in the directions I tell the line numbers of each and to either comment out or delete the link you don't want... did it that way cause some might prefer a wishlist help page as to the wishlist help popup.

Yes agreed, but for people who create a sepeate help site/area it confuses the customer. My way isnt for all but it's just a suggestion.

I seriously believe this is one of the best contributions known and now will work on the wishlist.php file to make it look a little graphical :-)

Deleting the item did no good. I had to go into phpmyadmin and manualy remove the item. That is the only way I could get rid of it.

I also notice that you can still add the same item more than once. Well sorta, it doesn't show it, but in the view wishlist, it show the pic once and says:

Displaying 1 to 4 (of 4 items on your wishlist)

This is the same item that I clicked on 4 times, but when I click to move it to the shopping cart it adds only one item and clears the wishlist of all the items. mmmm that may seem confusing, if there is only one item clicked 4 times. It clears the wishlist. And, if I click it 7 times it switches to the counter.

Is there something I did wrong or ?? The wishlist seems to be working just fine otherwise. You can add a bunch of items

But, I do have to say though. I had a wishlist for this wishlist and you seemed to of answered all my wishes. Thanks. I'm sorry if I am confusing you, but, if you need a further explaination, just let me know. pm or post

Steve

tool crazy you must've missed part of the installation cause I fixed that (adding the same item more than once)... go back and make ALL the changes in application_top.php... they are different than the v1.1b and need to be made for the extended version to run properly.

- Edmund Burke

I seriously believe this is one of the best contributions known and now will work on the wishlist.php file to make it look a little graphical :-)

hehe... yeah... I kept it pretty simple to fit with the "stock" osc look... and I figured if you've already got a modified site, it'd be pretty easy to modify the wishlist.php to whatever you want.

- Edmund Burke

Hi Guys,

Im still having trouble with the wishlist.

Im running OSCLoaded4 on a unix server.

Everything seems to work fine until you try to add a product to the wishlist. You can add as many times as you want but still nothing shows in your wishlist.

Any ideas??

Just wondering if I can view my customer's wishlist in my admin. I basically use it to order products for my customer. Once the products in stock, I will be easily send an email to them regarding it.

• 4 weeks later...

I need some help,

I am running Loaded 5

After I get everything installed I goto the default.php to check it out and I get this error:

Parse error: parse error in /home/antioch/public_html/test/includes/application_top.php on line 377

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_DEFAULT' (include_path='') in /home/antioch/public_html/test/default.php on line 33

The Line it's refering to is this:

case 'add_wishlist' :  if (ereg('^[0-9]+$', $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

I installed the sql and all. I have no idea what is wrong..... please help!

Thanks,

Webdeva

When I copied and pasted the lines (// Add product to the wishlist

///// CHANGES TO case 'add_wishlist' BY DREAMSCAPE ///// etc) that go after

// Shopping cart actions

I actually pasted them BEFORE the Shopping cart actions sections. I am so tired... I thought it read, Paste lines before lol.

What I forgot to add actually wasn't a bracket but a ; in the wishbox links that was causing an error that was mentioned earlier in this post. I know better then to install mods when I am so tired!

Sorry I was unclear and merge two issues together. i really should get some rest :oops:

However I am still having a few problems probably due to the fact that it's 1:40 am here lol.

I can only add items with attributes to the wish list.

And when I try to move an item to the cart, it gets deleted. The move item to cart link acts just like the delete link.

Also when I add an item to the wish list I get redirected to the shopping cart. Is that supposed to happed? Ideally it would go back to the products page or at least to the wish list page.

I am not sure what I missed in the installation to cause these errors. I guess I'll have to give it another round tomorrow when I am awake.

Has any one else seen these probelms? Or is it another case of the blond strikes agian? :P