• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

customer registration

i have been testing my new oscommerse site i got through siteground, and i tested the guests log in or create and account and it takes me to web page not found. another problem i am having is i set up my paypal API and both the checkout button and the paypal button take me to page not found. can anyone help please????

i tested the guests log in or create and account and it takes me to web page not found.

That can happen if you have this in your configure file:

define('ENABLE_SSL', 'true'); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

But you don't have a SSL cert. installed.

Without the SSL cert. it should be:

define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

Many hosts have shared SSL cert's you can use but you'd need to ask them how you need to access it.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

i have no idea where those codes would be, i am new to oscommerce, the site is www.pghjerseys.com if you don't mind trying both the register and paypal thing at the site and see what you think

Yes, that is your problem.

The code change you need to make is in this file==> /includes/configure.php

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Here's a page about UNIX permissions:

Unix Permissions

You'll probably need to change the permissions ot 644 to be able to edit it.

This is usually done thru the Control Panel provide by your Web Host (NOT OSCOMMERCE!).

Sometimes FTP program will work, but most of the time NOT.

Since all control panels are not "created equal" I can't give the exact clicks you need to execute to get there.

If you can't figure it out, ask your Host.

Before you change the permissions be sure to write down what they are now, then change them back to that setting after making any edits.

And just a word of caution: Dont use the File Mangler Manager in your osC Admin to edit PHP files.

It's a security risk you should get rid of and it can screw up PHP files in a heartbeat.

You should either use the file editor in your Host Control Panel, or download the file(s) to be changed to your PC and edit with a TEXT editor like Notepad or Wordpad (NOT WORD!).

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

i finally got it thank you soooo much, i have my pulling my hair out trying to figure this out for about 4 and a half hours, thank you so much

No problem.

;)

That's what I'm here for,

If this is your first web site and foray into the the world of e-commerce let me say it's a steep learning curve.

:blush:

You might find this thread of use:

How do I ....?

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived