• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How To Add Text To A Category Page

paulb104

Hey, I'd like to add text to a category page.

For example, lets say I sell shoes. I might have the categories sneakers, sandals, and dress shoes. You click on "sneakers" and the page has the sub-categories of nike and reebok. This is the page I want to add text to. I have about fifteen categories but there are only two or three categories that I'd like to add text to.

I've looked through the forums, I've Googled and I've looked through contributions and I haven't found how to do this.

Thanks very much for the help!!!!!

Paul

If you don't have a meta tags contribution installed, then use Header Tags SEO. Otherwise, us the Categories Description contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

...use the Categories Description contribution...

Thanks for the answer!!!!!

I previously found a few Categories Description contributions, some only allow 255 characters (not nearly enough) and others are over four years old. Could you point me to the specific one you're referring to?

Thanks again!

I`ve used http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2343 which is fine whatever osC version.

The installed limit is varchar(50) but there is no reason you could'nt change that to 'text' if you need a bigger field.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived