• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Uploading pictures

amitton2

Hi all,

I and running osCommerce on a Windows 2003 server. My brother does most of the configuration for me but he is not around today. I am having trouble getting the server to allow my pictures to be uploaded both in the categories section and in new listings. Can someone give me an idea of what I need to change to get this to work, please.

Thanks in advance,

Art

What are you doing to try to upload these images?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

What are you doing to try to upload these images?

I am in the admin section of the web interface. When I add a new category or listing in Categories/products I get the message in the pink banner across the top; Warning: "No File uploaded".

Thanks again,

Art

Windows 2003 server ? I was not aware that OSC would run on anything other than a Unix (linux) based server?? ????

Am I mistaken ?

Chris

BLIND????

Thats a preview, so the warning, you're supposed to press update!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Windows 2003 server ? I was not aware that OSC would run on anything other than a Unix (linux) based server?? ????

Am I mistaken ?

Chris

I believe it will, but god know why anyone wants to!!

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Well, learn something new everyday. But your right, I would never suggest to any of my clients that they use a Windows Server for OSC. In fact, I have had customers switch from Windows based servers to Linux based servers because I was unaware OSC would run on a Windows based server.

lol

That's ok, they are better off in Linux.

Chris

BLIND????

Thats a preview, so the warning, you're supposed to press update!!

Hi Sam,

Sorry I am being such a pain but clicking 'update' it seems to process the listing but there still is no image uploaded.

And yes it is running on a Windows Server.... It is the only server I own. :)

Cheers,

Art

This is the web site www.chinapartscanada.com/catalog

Do you get an error message when you display the categories along the lines of "/images directory is not writeable" at te top of the screen?

If so, it is directory permissions on /images directory.

Are you actually browsing to a file?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Do you get an error message when you display the categories along the lines of "/images directory is not writeable" at te top of the screen?

If so, it is directory permissions on /images directory.

Are you actually browsing to a file?

Hi Sam,

I was just trying to upload the images now using Admin area / file manager. The error across the top now says "Error: File upload not saved." It is trying to upload the images to this directory; .../catalog//images. I am not sure about why there are double slashes between catalog and images.

I have changed my permissions to read and write.

Art

Try using an ftp client such as filezilla.

These normally work much better than file manager.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Try using an ftp client such as filezilla.

These normally work much better than file manager.

Thanks, I will upload them directly. I was just not sure about doing every part pic that way... I had osCommerce running before on this server, before it calved, so I know I can get my brother to get it working later. I was hoping to learn how to do it so I had a bit more knowledge myself.

Thanks for all of your help today. It is very much appreciated.

Art

error in configure.php

Sam

Contributions:

• 4 weeks later...

Another possible problem that I found is that your php.ini file may be pointing to an upload_tmp_dir that is inaccessible by web users or just set to system default. For some reason I was able to change this to my local tmp directory (hosted *nix) and this fixed the problem. You may what to modify upload.php in the admin/includes/classes directory. Add a print_r($_FILES); to that file and then try to upload a picture. If you get error => 6 then you may have this issue. Hope this helps.

Another possible problem that I found is that your php.ini file may be pointing to an upload_tmp_dir that is inaccessible by web users or just set to system default. For some reason I was able to change this to my local tmp directory (hosted *nix) and this fixed the problem. You may what to modify upload.php in the admin/includes/classes directory. Add a print_r($_FILES); to that file and then try to upload a picture. If you get error => 6 then you may have this issue. Hope this helps.

Hi

I have the same problem as images wont upload, I tried what you suggested and yes I got the error below;

Array ( [products_image] => Array ( [name] => 300kMiniCamMain.jpg [type] => [tmp_name] => [error] => 6 => 0 ) )

So, what would be the remedy for this situation.

Please help, how do I change the local tmp directory (hosted *nix)?

THanks in advance

Archived