• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Area unprotected

chris2403

I Am having a problem with my admin area, it allows me to make changes without logging in so anyone can make changes to my website without having permission. it never asks me for a user name or password, and ive restarted my pc to see if it is just remembering my computer as being logged in.

any help will be greatly appreciated

regards

chris

I Am having a problem with my admin area, it allows me to make changes without logging in so anyone can make changes to my website without having permission. it never asks me for a user name or password, and ive restarted my pc to see if it is just remembering my computer as being logged in.

any help will be greatly appreciated

regards

chris

If you have installed an old version, this will happen. You need to password protect your admin.

how would i go about this, i have protected the entire admin directory with a password and that now comes up, would that be sufficient.

thanks for your swift response

That is a start and should suffice.

You probably should also use the htaccess file and calso change the name of your admin directory (and edit the configure.php files to reflect the change).

How come you installed an old version of osc?

I's also use a password checker to see how secure your password is.

http://www.microsoft.com/australia/protect...rd/checker.mspx

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

That is a start and should suffice.

You probably should also use the htaccess file and calso change the name of your admin directory (and edit the configure.php files to reflect the change).

How come you installed an old version of osc?

ok thanks, i used an old version because someone gave it to me with a template installed already, my plan was to upgrade it but i dont want to loose any data or the way the site looks, is this possible?

Archived