• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

one-way booking oscommerce system

cordoval

Hi,

I am implementing the booking system with oscommerce and plan to release it as open source and more than that I plan to laid out instructions to do the changes as in a tutorial.

I have modified the function of the pull down menu of my product. The pull down menu corresponds to the selection of product type feature. I am inserting the calendar right below the pull down menu.

I am seeking how can I pass some parameters or notes, just comments to the ordering process through the cart.

First, the data selected, including dates, needs to be passed when one clicks on the order button below on the product at product_info.php. Can someone helps me? I think that from here oscommerce takes you straight to the cart for the default user if not registered and the cart for the user if registered and logged in.

Can someone helps me to build this system?

Encouragements,

There are contributions that allow comments to be uploaded for each product ordered and as you check out you can add comments to the order.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

There are contributions that allow comments to be uploaded for each product ordered and as you check out you can add comments to the order.

Can you be a little bit more specific in terms of what contributions could I use?

Also, how do I install a contribution? I don't understand if you are talking about a plug-in or some custom modification.

I would not mind either but it would be great if you can point me to them or it,

Many thanks,

Contributions (modifications) are written by osCommerce community members. Some are modular while others you need to merge/add to the osC core code.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/

The mods Geoffrey refers to are of this type.

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/160

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2618

There are others so you need to hunt through the section. Good luck with your project, it sounds interesting.

Thanks a lot.

I am now testing the feature, but the credit card information comes in first before I can see the info I have entered in the text field in previous pages.

How can I disable the credit card so I can test?

The store is online already.

Encouragements,

Add cash on deliveryas a payment method..

Sneaky huh?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Thanks a lot.

I am now testing the feature, but the credit card information comes in first before I can see the info I have entered in the text field in previous pages.

How can I disable the credit card so I can test?

The store is online already.

Encouragements,

Which option/contribution did you install alongside that is not showing you the information first? The prodducts option type feature should tell you the text on the shopping cart page AND on each checkout page where it shows the product ordered.

This sounds like a really good feature your working on. Have you figured a way for it to check availability of certian dates? In case you have several customers all wanting the same date/time? The only way I can think of is a way that would add stock levels to the dates, in which would mean quite a few queries to check against every time a customer loads a date.

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

This sounds like a really good feature your working on. Have you figured a way for it to check availability of certian dates? In case you have several customers all wanting the same date/time? The only way I can think of is a way that would add stock levels to the dates, in which would mean quite a few queries to check against every time a customer loads a date.

Hi,

I have come up with a solution and I just completed the system and it is working.

However, it is an off-line system. So the booking gets processed by the store and then the manager blocks dates as orders are issued.

If of course, several orders hold similar dates or overlapping dates, then it is up to the manager to decide which one to reject or whatever.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks and encouragements,

Archived