• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

OSCommerce Logo Swap

Hey guys I would like to swap the catalog header to ous and I looked it up and was suppose to change catalog/includes/header.php

and the text I am suppose to look for does not exsist in this file here is what I have:

<?php

/*

$Id: header.php 1739 2007-12-20 00:52:16Z hpdl $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

// check if the 'install' directory exists, and warn of its existence

if (WARN_INSTALL_EXISTENCE == 'true') {

if (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/install')) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_INSTALL_DIRECTORY_EXISTS, 'warning');

}

}

// check if the configure.php file is writeable

if (WARN_CONFIG_WRITEABLE == 'true') {

if ( (file_exists(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) && (is_writeable(dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']) . '/includes/configure.php')) ) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_CONFIG_FILE_WRITEABLE, 'warning');

}

}

// check if the session folder is writeable

if (WARN_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE == 'true') {

if (STORE_SESSIONS == '') {

if (!is_dir(tep_session_save_path())) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');

} elseif (!is_writeable(tep_session_save_path())) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'warning');

}

}

}

// check session.auto_start is disabled

if ( (function_exists('ini_get')) && (WARN_SESSION_AUTO_START == 'true') ) {

if (ini_get('session.auto_start') == '1') {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_SESSION_AUTO_START, 'warning');

}

}

if ( (WARN_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NOT_READABLE == 'true') && (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') ) {

if (!is_dir(DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD)) {

$messageStack->add('header', WARNING_DOWNLOAD_DIRECTORY_NON_EXISTENT, 'warning');

}

}

if ($messageStack->size('header') > 0) {

echo $messageStack->output('header');

}

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerInfo">

<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

And I am suppose to edit this non-exsistent line:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?>

ANY IDEAS?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Never mind guys figured it out.

Thanks

I'm having a similar problem. What did you do to solve it? Also, does the logo have to be the same size? I want my header to take up the entire width of the page.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
I'm having a similar problem. What did you do to solve it? Also, does the logo have to be the same size? I want my header to take up the entire width of the page.

Thanks!

Ditto for me please. I cannot find the correct line. I have uploaced my logo and now I don't know where the oscommerce.gif is.

<_<

Unconditional Love Makes The World Turn.

When we stop and smell the flowers, we can all live instead of merely existing. We spend too much time infront of computers daily and not enough time in wonderment and awe at what we can achieve in life. creating these beasts is both a blessing and a curse!

Believe in yourself as though no one else will and you will find that The World will begin to believe in You Too!

I believe the oscommerce.gif was used for older versions of oscommerce (MS2) ... i think the newer version has updated this...this is the line you need to change:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'store_logo.png', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

so rename store_logo.png to the name of your logo you have uploaded in your /images directory

OR alternatively if you dont want to edit any php code ... just name your logo store_logo.png and upload it to /images directory (overwrite the one thats in there)

I believe the oscommerce.gif was used for older versions of oscommerce (MS2) ... i think the newer version has updated this...this is the line you need to change:

so rename store_logo.png to the name of your logo you have uploaded in your /images directory

OR alternatively if you dont want to edit any php code ... just name your logo store_logo.png and upload it to /images directory (overwrite the one thats in there)

I tried to replace the OSCommerce logo with my own and changed the code respectivley. But it doesnt work, I even deleted the store_logo.png image from my server, but the OSCommerce logo still remains.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

JR

refresh your page.. if your site is cached, then it will LOOK like its still there, but its really not.. hold shift and click refresh

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

refresh your page.. if your site is cached, then it will LOOK like its still there, but its really not.. hold shift and click refresh

Thanks for the help lindsayanng :) ...

I just tried that... holding shift and refreshing, but still the same result.

I just noticed something weird, when I right-click on the OSCommerce logo and go to propeties, the file name is "oscommerce.gif" and its location is

catlog/images/oscommerce.gif. But when I look at my files, oscommerce.gif is located in catalog/images/banners folder.

In the header.php document the coding related to changing the OSCommerce logo to your own, it says that I should edit this line of code:

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link (FILENAME_DEFAULT ) . '">' . tep_image(

DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?> </td>

But sLaV- in a previous post said the new version is changed from the code above to this line of code below:

Well, I can't find the first line of code. The second doesn't work for me. Any suggestions??

Thanks for the help!!!!

http://jnperformance.com/store

When I look at the source code for the webpage, it says the image is located at catalog/images/oscomerce.gif , but thats not the case in my files, it's not there, oscommerce.gif is in the banners folder. I have put my logo in both places on the server, but no luck.

Its DEFINITELY in your /store/images/ directory ... see: http://jnperformance.com/store/images/oscommerce.gif

in your case you will need to either change your php code and rename oscommerce.gif to your new logo name ... OR name your logo as oscommerce.gif and upload it to /store/images directory overwriting the current file

Its DEFINITELY in your /store/images/ directory ... see: http://jnperformance.com/store/images/oscommerce.gif

in your case you will need to either change your php code and rename oscommerce.gif to your new logo name ... OR name your logo as oscommerce.gif and upload it to /store/images directory overwriting the current file

I tried both of those options, but no luck...

osCommerce does not show up for me in the store/images folder or I just cant see it. Can there be hidden files? The version I have on the server is 2.2ms2, is this the same version available for download currently at the osCommerce website? I made my site through network solutions, so I did not personally upload my files to the server. Could I be working with 2 different versions? If I am how can I get the header.php file for the version that I have.

Thanks for the help,

James

I tried both of those options, but no luck...

osCommerce does not show up for me in the store/images folder or I just cant see it. Can there be hidden files? The version I have on the server is 2.2ms2, is this the same version available for download currently at the osCommerce website? I made my site through network solutions, so I did not personally upload my files to the server. Could I be working with 2 different versions? If I am how can I get the header.php file for the version that I have.

Thanks for the help,

James

I'm using 2.2MS2 also which is an older version than what is currently available to download from oscommerce site...

that oscommerce.gif file is definitely in your images directory as I showed you ... otherwise when you try to access that image URL it would give you a 404 not found error ... what happens when you try to upload an image in /store/images/ directory named oscommerce.gif?? does it ask you if you want to overwrite oscommerce.gif ?? (the one thats currently there) ??

are you using the osommerce file manager to make these changes?? if so, then that is your issue

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived