• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Checkout not secure - no padlock

prazim

Hi,

OSCommerce is installed for a domain resident in a subfolder of my primary account with my host. [main domain/var/www/html/new domain/catalog]

Everything is working fine EXCEPT when one gets to the payment screen, there is no padlock. I did edit the configure.php file and tell it to make the catalog secure, but that hasn't fixed the problem.

So...how do i fix the problem?

Thanks,

sue

Hi,

OSCommerce is installed for a domain resident in a subfolder of my primary account with my host. [main domain/var/www/html/new domain/catalog]

Everything is working fine EXCEPT when one gets to the payment screen, there is no padlock. I did edit the configure.php file and tell it to make the catalog secure, but that hasn't fixed the problem.

So...how do i fix the problem?

Thanks,

sue

Maybe something is linked on the page from outside of the secure area.

Well, I am running with the basic install. I'm not linking to anything outside of the catalog...so, I can't think of what that might be.

Maybe something is linked on the page from outside of the secure area.

Sue,

Your SSL has been installed correctly I assume ?? Does it go into SSL during login ?? If not, then I would suggest contacting your host to ensure your SSL is installed correctly.

Chris

Well, I am running with the basic install. I'm not linking to anything outside of the catalog...so, I can't think of what that might be.

OK, it was just a thought since you seem to indicate that it was there prior to going to the payment page.

Chris,

As far as I know - yes. Based on how I have the domains installed, the tech confirmed today that everything on their end was in order. I will call tomorrow and ask them to take another look, but it works fine on my other osc site (main domain.) the tech today thought that maybe osc was confused becuase it isn't directly in the HTML folder.

it was a straightforward install, and everything is fine - just no security....

thanks so much,

Sue

Sue,

Your SSL has been installed correctly I assume ?? Does it go into SSL during login ?? If not, then I would suggest contacting your host to ensure your SSL is installed correctly.

Chris

Sue,

If you have installed OSC into a subdomain and you have a shared SSL, I suspect that could be the problem.

Chris

Archived