• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Security Risk.....

Hello All,

I got this error, how to change the user permissions?

Warning Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: d:\ABC.com\catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

Thanks in advance~!

Ok.. Go to your file manager. Select the config file as indicated at the top of your store. Click on "change permissions" and change the permission of the file to 444, 400 or something like that (basically so none of the write or execute permissions are ticked)

Ok.. Go to your file manager. Select the config file as indicated at the top of your store. Click on "change permissions" and change the permission of the file to 444, 400 or something like that (basically so none of the write or execute permissions are ticked)

I got this error....

I tried to change this in my Cute FTP properties, and edit to 444, or 440. This is the message I got.... :(

The command's arguments or parameters were incorrect or missing. Please consult your documentation or the appropriate RFCs for help. Click Details>> to see the exact server response.

Try changing permissions using your isp's control panel.

As each one is different, if you have problems contact their help desk to talk you through it.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Try changing permissions using your isp's control panel.

As each one is different, if you have problems contact their help desk to talk you through it.

I guess I have no choice but to contact my isp....

Thanks all~! :)

Hi,

your answer has helped me too.

Thanks a lot.

Now there is only 1 error left:

Warning: session_save_path() [function.session-save-path]: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is xx/xxxxx is not allowed to access /tmp owned by uid/gid 0/0 in /mnt/webspace/xx/xx/yyyyy.yyyy.net/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 169

How can I fix this?

in admin > configure >> session You have /tmp as value change to tmp

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Archived