• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Directory Not Writeable Error Messages

halpo

After moving all the Catalog files to the root directory I have encountered write errors to several of the directories, image and backup for example. I have made any a number of changes to the configure.php files assuming the path definitions are screwed up. No good. I have also changed the permissions on those directories, all to no avail. Looking for suggestions or guidance on where I might look for suggestions.

And what exactly are the write errors?

Try look in in the documentation, knowledgebase, post installation instructions give permissions required.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

And what exactly are the write errors?

Try look in in the documentation, knowledgebase, post installation instructions give permissions required.

Turns out post installation instructions didn't give all the modifications to permissions required. When doing downloads with redirect the permissions on the pub folder needs to be loosened as well. Thanks for getting me looking from the right perspective.

No problem.

BTW what might the permissions need to be and do you mean on a /pub folder or another name?

I have just released a contribution to test and change permissions and have added in several specific folders, as ever looks like another is needed.

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

No problem.

BTW what might the permissions need to be and do you mean on a /pub folder or another name?

I have just released a contribution to test and change permissions and have added in several specific folders, as ever looks like another is needed.

Naturally I jumped to 777 to try and when that worked, I ended up at 755 on the /pub as well as the /download and both are in root. Wasted a lot of time screwing with both configure files as it just seemed like that had to be it. It wasn't. All is working as it should now, or almost.

Naturally I jumped to 777 to try and when that worked, I ended up at 755 on the /pub as well as the /download and both are in root. Wasted a lot of time screwing with both configure files as it just seemed like that had to be it. It wasn't. All is working as it should now, or almost.

I lied. I just went back and checked and both /pub and /download remained at 777. I tried 755 and 775 and both wouldn't work. 777 it apparently has to be. The change was in my notes of things to do, but obviously didn't get done. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

Archived