• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Falling down at the first hurdle

dave47

Ive tried the search feature, and short of wading though hundreds of pages to find my query, Ive decided to post this.

Ive installed osC to my server, created a database and changed permissions as per instructions on your site. However when I fill in the database details on the mysite/catalog/install page, I get the message: Access denied for user 'my username'@'xena.dediquick.net' (using password: YES) All the information ( Database server, username, password & database name) are correct.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is, and how I can sort it out, so I can move forward to the next step?

Thanks in advance.

Dave

It might be that you need to prefix the Database name, username with your Web site control panel login.

If your Web site user name is web

Your Databse username is site

Your database name is Base

it looks like this

database user name web_site

database name web_base

Give it a try

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

It might be that you need to prefix the Database name, username with your Web site control panel login.

If your Web site user name is web

Your Databse username is site

Your database name is Base

it looks like this

database user name web_site

database name web_base

Give it a try

Nic

Thanks for your reply FIMBLE.

I should have mentioned that Ive added the prefix's as you suggested, and still getting the error. Ive tried using 'localhost' as the database server, with the same message.

Hi. I think you need to set all priviledges on your database for that particular user. Somewhere in your MySQL database admin, you'll be able to click on your user and change the priviledges.

Hope that works.

tharada

Archived