• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin/Configuration

flytyer

The answer to this is probably already on the forum but...........

When I log onto my admin page I can click on the Administrators and it comes up fine. Everything else underneath Configuration comes up or works fine as well but when I click on My Store etc I get the following message and do not know how to correct it.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am just learning how to do all of this and am not familiar with php so any and all help to a newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Would it help if I posted the code for my configuration file?

So far as I know everything else works fine.

First step is to read the log files as suggested.

Google the results.

Can you run anything from Admin.

If you can compare the access/file permissions to those on the file you are trying to access.

I had a server that fell over if the permissions were too high.

Finally remove the install directory and read the post installation notes in the knowledge base which is part of the documentation on this site..

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

First step is to read the log files as suggested.

Google the results.

Can you run anything from Admin.

If you can compare the access/file permissions to those on the file you are trying to access.

I had a server that fell over if the permissions were too high.

Finally remove the install directory and read the post installation notes in the knowledge base which is part of the documentation on this site..

Here is the error message: File does not exist: /usr/local/apache/htdocs/internal. I went to Google and could not understand any of what they said.

I can go to the admin sign in page and sign in. Once on the admin page I can go to Administrators in the Configuration box but nothing else without getting the eerror message. I can access my catalog and everything under that but have trouble with anything under the configuration heading except for administrators.

Here is the address of what I am trying to access: http://www.doggybandannas.com/admin/configuration.php?gID=1. Anything with /configuration.php gives the error. I cannot access any of these pages:

My Store

Minimum Values

Maximum Values

Images

Customer Details

Shipping/Packaging

Product Listing

Stock

Logging

Cache

E-Mail Options

Download

GZip Compression

Sessions

I have renamed the install dir, read and done all of the post install instructions and checked the access. They are set to 777.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate this as I want to set up another store as well. This one is for my wife as it is her business.

All of this comes form the database, see if you need to reinstall it.

Might be as simple as that

Thanks for your help.

I just decided the easiest thing to do was uninstall it and try again. It works fine now. I guess I changed something that I did not know I was changing and screwed it up.

Thanks again for the help.

Archived