• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Method 4.1.4 help needed urgently

rd208

I installed USPS Method 4.1.4 However when I try to checkout I get the following

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United States Postal Service United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

I also get the following email

<Error>

<Number>80040b1a</Number>

<Description>Authorization failure. Perhaps username and/or password is incorrect.</Description>

<Source>UspsCom::DoAuth</Source>

</Error>

I have verified my username and password as being correct. USPS says problem is not at their end.

I do not have a clue what to next. Please any suggestions??

Thanks in advance

Rabinder

I had a similar problem, had to uninstall all shipping modules and then reinstall them all - after that everything seemed to be working. Don't know if that will help as I'm a newb myself - but its worth a try. Be sure you have your USPS id/password handy.

I am having the same issue,

Shipping Method

This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order.

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Everything looks to have installed correctly, I am using USPS Methods 4_2_1. I was receiving this same error with the original USPS shipping that was installed with OSC.

I tried the suggestion of uninstalling the module thru the admin > modules > shipping and the reinstalling it and inputting the correct information in the fields. The issue has not been resolved.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If more information is needed I will post what I can. Thank you in advance for your assistance

I had a similar problem, had to uninstall all shipping modules and then reinstall them all - after that everything seemed to be working. Don't know if that will help as I'm a newb myself - but its worth a try. Be sure you have your USPS id/password handy.

By "uninstall" did you mean you selected "Remove", or did you mean you disabled the module and then re-enabled it? Thanks!

By "uninstall" did you mean you selected "Remove", or did you mean you disabled the module and then re-enabled it? Thanks!

I have tried both methods and am still getting the same results.

Edited by Electronjunkie

Hey guys I got it figured out for myself I belive, try this it may work for you.

Log into Admin and go to Configuration > Shipping/Packaging. Make sure all the information is filled out correctly in this section.

I am assuming that if it hasent been then the module dosent know where items are being shipped from.

I hope this helps as it looks like it has resolved my issue.

Edited by Electronjunkie

Hey guys I got it figured out for myself I belive, try this it may work for you.

Log into Admin and go to Configuration > Shipping/Packaging. Make sure all the information is filled out correctly in this section.

I am assuming that if it hasent been then the module dosent know where items are being shipped from.

I hope this helps as it looks like it has resolved my issue.

This simple fix worked for me as well..

• 4 weeks later...
This simple fix worked for me as well..

Doesn't fix the problem for me.

Using the default module of osCommerce 2.2

Am in production mode with USPS

Are there modifications to make to general.php, configuration.php and general.php

Cordially,

hwkd

• 3 weeks later...

Password is no longer used in newer modules. There is a line in my module above Password that reads "refer to User ID" meaning key in your User ID for password as well. Hope this helps!