• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installed 2.2 Release Candidate 2a + buySAFE using fatastico

grandmasterjack

I installed 2.2 Release Candidate 2a + buySAFE using fantastico and all seems to be well. But when I try to access

http://www.babiesandladies.co.uk/includes/...glish/index.php I get this message

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /includes/languages/english/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at babiesandladies.co.uk Port 80

I'm already using osComerce on another site so I do know a wee bit about it but this has me stumped.

I don't give in easy and I've done a search on here to no avail.

Could someone please help?, thanks

Jack

PS how do I get www.babiesandladies.co.uk to connect to my index page?

If at first you don't succeed.............................Cheat!!

I installed 2.2 Release Candidate 2a + buySAFE using fantastico and all seems to be well. But when I try to access

http://www.babiesandladies.co.uk/includes/...glish/index.php I get this message

Forbidden You don't have permission to access /includes/languages/english/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at babiesandladies.co.uk Port 80

I'm already using osComerce on another site so I do know a wee bit about it but this has me stumped.

I don't give in easy and I've done a search on here to no avail.

Could someone please help?, thanks

Jack

PS how do I get www.babiesandladies.co.uk to connect to my index page?

Well you should do .. that file should not be accessed directly. Other than that the site looks fine.

No categories because I assume you didn't install the "test" products .. warning for configure.php but I assume this is because you haven't reset the permissions yet.

Using my psychic hat I surmise Jack has read the message on the front page of his shop and is trying to access

Editing Page Texts

The text shown here can be modified in the following file, on each language basis:

[path to catalog]/includes/languages/english/index.php

You need to ftp that file down onto your pc and edit it there, using a text editor, not ms word, and then ftp it back up to your site.

There are a couple of posts at the start of the installation forum that are dead good and worth reading.

Enjoy

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

That error message is correct - you shouldn't be able to directly access any of the files in the includes directory.

Your site is located at http://www.babiesandladies.co.uk/index.php - your server is set to server the index.html in preference to index.php if you do not specify which in the url.

Hey guys thanks for the help but stupid me was trying to alter the wrong page. So you can still say I'm stupid becuase I don't know how to change the above.

Cheers Jack

Hey guys thanks for the help but stupid me was trying to alter the wrong page. So you can still say I'm stupid because I don't know how to change the above.

Cheers Jack

The quickest way is simply to delete your index.html page then it will automatically load the .php one

Thank you very much. so simple when you know how. Is this why your called perfect?

Thanks Jack

Archived