• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Access denied for user 'testuser'@'localhost' to database 'simple'

Hi Folks

I am totally new to this so I am sorry if this problem has been asked before, but I really don't understand.

I want to set up a shop online and I have bought a template from oscommerce which seems to be in a very old version. I am very shy about setting up the shop and want it perfect before it goes live, so I want to work on it on my computer only. So yesterday I loaded Wamp5 on to my system and then tried to install the template I bought. The first problem I found was that I can not find any installation instruction old enough for my template's version, It doesn't even have a catalog directory!

I have fiddled around and gone to lots of forums, including this one and have now got WAMP5 running after about 3 reinstalls. Thanks for the advise about Port 80 being used etc. I have found Mathew Phillips way to create a database as I think I need to have one before I try installing my template.

Using this database I then go to http://localhost/15003/install/install.php and complete the first 2 pages but when it comes to the next screen all I get is Access denied for user 'testuser'@'localhost' to database 'simple'.

I am now tearing my hair out and I still have a horrible feeling that I shall have to update the version when it finally work ......

Please, please someone be kind and patient and give me a how to do it in a step by step version.

Senachal

Try installing the latest version first, before some template that has old versions they may no longer work with current PHP/SQL anyway.

NB templates are not supported here except STS, talk to your supplier.

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

Archived