• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Old site restore problems

mixfire

I had an old oscommerce site that went down a year ago. Using the old backups I restored the site on a new url. Since this is a old backup on a new url all of the images point to the old site, how can I fix this? There are around 100 items in the store.

The next problem is that I cannot enter the admin area.

I was able to reset the admin password but after logging in I get this error:

nternal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any suggestions?

Have you updated the contents of both the /includes/configure.php files?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Make the changes to the configure.php files in Catalog and Admin. Make sure those files point to your new database and have the proper password associated with them.

Chris

Have you checked the logs as suggested in the error message?

Have you ensured all the folder and file permissions are set as detailed in the knowledgebase?

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

Here are the logs:

[sat Aug 2 15:40:44 2008] [error] File does not exist: /home/mohabir/public_html/500.shtml

[sat Aug 2 15:40:44 2008] [error] Premature end of script headers: /home/mohabir/public_html/admin/index.php

Did google have any solutions?

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

You can but the structure of the database may need to be updated for the new admin but not the shop. Result -- disaster.

Have you ensured all the folder and file permissions are set as detailed in the knowledgebase?

There seem to be several potential problems/solutioons outlined in the first few I read.

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

I am doing that now. It's not a major issue, I am using anew cart script now, one that I bought. I just needed access to the images and product descriptions mainly. Admin area access is not vital. Thanks for all your help Geoffrey

Archived