• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

pdf invoices for admin only

GemRock

If what you want is nothing more than print/save invoices from admin, and do not want to make lots of changes to your shop, especially database changes, to achieve this little tiny thing, then this is the contribution for you.

Here is the installation instruction (if you need it) that is not included in the package:

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

over 20 years of computer programming experience.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I was locked out while I was entering the text. Here it is:

If what you want is nothing more than print/save invoices from admin, and do not want to make lots of changes to your shop, especially database changes, to achieve this little tiny thing, then this is the contribution for you:

It is basically taken from chris23's pdf invoice controbution but modified it so that there is no need to make any changes at the shop front epspecially the checkout process, and there is no database changes. All credits to chris23 and those mentioned by chris23. chris23's addon does have admin access but that requires you to do a full installation, which I do not think it is necessary.

Here is the installation instruction (if you need it) that is not included in the package:

1. copy all the files to the admin side of your shop, observing the folder structure in the downloaded package. I do not expect you have the same file names on your shop, so it'd be safe to just upload them to your shop;

2. open [admin]/orders.php for edit, look for the line:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->date_purchased));

it should be near the end of the file.

3. before it, insert:

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('invoice_pdf.php', 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice_pdf.gif', 'generate pdf invoice for this order') . '</a>');

That's all.

I do not expect there would be support issues posted here but as standard I created this support thread.

Edited by GemRock

commercial support - unProtected channel, not to be confused with the forum with same name - open to everyone who need some professional help: either PM/email me, or go to my website (URL can be found in my profile).

One final thing to mention:

Open [admin]/invoice_pdf.php, edit lines 15 to 25 for your shop and your taste (font & colour).

Ken

Code correction...

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('invoice_pdf.php', 'oID=' 
. $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice_pdf.gif', 'generate pdf invoice for this order')
. '</a>'); 

Other than this it works perfectly and will save me some time!

Edited by Gary-London

Gazza

If its not broken...why try fixing it??

Thanks Gary_london for pointing out the error. as I mentioned above I was locked outalthough what i typed was saved automatically which was good but i did not realise it was being too good to change the code for me with what it thought was right.

Now you should look for this line of code:

$contents[] = array('text' => '<br>' . TEXT_DATE_ORDER_CREATED . ' ' . tep_date_short($oInfo->date_purchased));

and insert before it:

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('invoice_pdf.php', 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice_pdf.gif', 'generate pdf invoice') . '</a>');

Ken

Edited by GemRock

Thanks Gary_london for pointing out the error. as I mentioned above I was locked outalthough what i typed was saved automatically which was good but i did not realise it was being too good to change the code for me with what it thought was right.

Now you should look for this line of code:

and insert before it:

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('invoice_pdf.php', 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice_pdf.gif', 'generate pdf invoice') . '</a>');

Ken

Hi Ken

The languages folder is spelt incorrectly, otherwise, works very well.

I do need to add some blank lines at the bottom of the payment box, and to add some blank lines between the subtotal and total. Do you know how this can be done?

Hi coopco

line 419:

//	$pdf->Text(10,117, tep_html_entity_decode(PDF_INV_CUSTOMER_REF) . (int)$customer_id);

i suppose you could un-done the comment and then chnage

tep_html_entity_decode(PDF_INV_CUSTOMER_REF) . (int)$customer_id);

to

''

lines 509 - 521 are for the totals. I suppose you need to do a if test to see if it is the line after which you like to add a blank line, if it is then simply increase the value of the variable $Y_Table_Position to, say, 10.

I have not tried it myself as I cant see why there would be such a need...

Ken

Hi coopco

line 419:

//	$pdf->Text(10,117, tep_html_entity_decode(PDF_INV_CUSTOMER_REF) . (int)$customer_id);

i suppose you could un-done the comment and then chnage

tep_html_entity_decode(PDF_INV_CUSTOMER_REF) . (int)$customer_id);

to

''

lines 509 - 521 are for the totals. I suppose you need to do a if test to see if it is the line after which you like to add a blank line, if it is then simply increase the value of the variable $Y_Table_Position to, say, 10.

I have not tried it myself as I cant see why there would be such a need...

Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for the info. I used

for ($i = 0, $n = sizeof($order->totals); $i < $n; $i++) {

$pdf->SetY($Y_Table_Position + 10);

$pdf->SetX(102);

$temp = substr ($order->totals[$i]['text'],0 ,3);

if ($temp == '<b>')

{

$pdf->SetFont(PDF_INV_CORE_FONT,'B',10);

$temp2 = substr($order->totals[$i]['text'], 3);

$order->totals[$i]['text'] = substr($temp2, 0, strlen($temp2)-4);

}

$pdf->MultiCell(94,6,$order->totals[$i]['title'] . ' ' . $order->totals[$i]['text'],0,'R');

$Y_Table_Position += 20;

This does the job that I want (at least it is presentable). My shipping info and shipping cost takes 3 lines.

Now to get it working with improved order number.

Edited by Coopco

• 2 weeks later...

Getting a strange error message...

FPDF error: Alpha channel not supported: images/oscommerce.png

I have replaced the 'oscommerce.png' file with the store logo, but left the file name the same, so in theory it would just display the logo instead of the oscommerce logo.

Any one had the same error? or a way around?

Cheeeeeeeeeers!

Gary

Gazza

Getting a strange error message...

FPDF error: Alpha channel not supported: images/oscommerce.png...

well, you dont have to use a png image but if you do then as the error suggests make sure you dont have Alpha channel in it since it is not supported.

do you a favour to use a gif or jpg image.

Ken

well, you dont have to use a png image but if you do then as the error suggests make sure you dont have Alpha channel in it since it is not supported.

do you a favour to use a gif or jpg image.

Ken

Ken,

Where abouts in the code do I change the file extension? i.e from '.png' to '.gif'?

Thanks,

Gary

Gazza

Ken,

Where abouts in the code do I change the file extension? i.e from '.png' to '.gif'?

Thanks,

Gary

see my post above (post number 3) - the invoice_pdf.php under the admin folder - you wont miss it.

Ken

Edited by GemRock

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great contrib, but I can't seem to get it to work in my live environment. Maybe it has something to do with my config file.

Keep getting this error:

Warning: FPDF::include(/httpdocs/admin/fpdf/font/helveticabi.php) [function.FPDF-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /httpdocs/admin/includes/classes/fpdf.php on line 550

Warning: FPDF::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/httpdocs/admin/fpdf/font/helveticabi.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /httpdocs/admin/includes/classes/fpdf.php on line 550
FPDF error: Could not include font metric file

Checked and double checked: all the necessary files are in place. Also tried to change the path in the classes/fpdf.php file into the absolute path to admin/fpdf/font/... but that is no solution either. Then it keeps expecting a { or $, at least: that is what the new error is saying.

Suggestions anyone?

Great contrib, but I can't seem to get it to work in my live environment. Maybe it has something to do with my config file...

yes indeed it may have something to do with your config file. on about line 14 in invoice_pdf.php, take a look at this line:

define('FPDF_FONTPATH', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'fpdf/font/');

the key here is DIR_FS_ADMIN. check your configure.php to see what its value is. or do an echo right afer the above line to see what it is:

echo DIR_FS_ADMIN;

and/or

echo FPDF_FONTPATH;

then compare with that in the error msg.

Ken

ps. i am sorry but i do not monitor this support thread closely and i am afraid i dont have the free time to offer further modification to the invoice to suit each individual store as there would be too many which may have different ideas of how their invoices would look etc..i can only answer some general questions RE installation.

Edited by GemRock

yes indeed it may have something to do with your config file. on about line 14 in invoice_pdf.php, take a look at this line:
define('FPDF_FONTPATH', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'fpdf/font/');

the key here is DIR_FS_ADMIN. check your configure.php to see what its value is. or do an echo right afer the above line to see what it is:

echo DIR_FS_ADMIN;

and/or

echo FPDF_FONTPATH;

then compare with that in the error msg.

Ken

ps. i am sorry but i do not monitor this support thread closely and i am afraid i dont have the free time to offer further modification to the invoice to suit each individual store as there would be too many which may have different ideas of how their invoices would look etc..i can only answer some general questions RE installation.

Fixed, thanks a lot. That was the line I was looking for.

Now it really is a great contrib ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to make it clear (again) that I can only answer questions RE installation of this contribution but my support will have to stop there as I do not have the free time to offer help with regard to the further modification of the pdf invoice to suit individual needs, which would be far too many. So please do not pm or email me asking questions RE modification or any other issues, unless you want to pay. I am sorry but I dont even have the time to reply to any pm/email, so dont waste your time waiting.

Good Luck,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

my suggestion is:

1. check to make sure you dont have any blank line(s) at the very beginning (before the opening <?php) in any of the files involved;

2. since the error is the positive result of a test of the ob_get_contents function, (which gives a hint of the problem as mentioned in 1), you could try to add an ob_clean before the ob_get_contents line for debug purpose in fpdf.php.

I cant not re-produce the error, or I dont feel like I should to find the time to try to, therefore I cant offer a specific solution.

Good luck,

Ken

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry I was locked out while I was entering the text. Here it is:

If what you want is nothing more than print/save invoices from admin, and do not want to make lots of changes to your shop, especially database changes, to achieve this little tiny thing, then this is the contribution for you:

It is basically taken from chris23's pdf invoice controbution but modified it so that there is no need to make any changes at the shop front epspecially the checkout process, and there is no database changes. All credits to chris23 and those mentioned by chris23. chris23's addon does have admin access but that requires you to do a full installation, which I do not think it is necessary.

1. copy all the files to the admin side of your shop, observing the folder structure in the downloaded package. I do not expect you have the same file names on your shop, so it'd be safe to just upload them to your shop;

2. open [admin]/orders.php for edit, look for the line:

it should be near the end of the file.

3. before it, insert:

$contents[] = array('align' => 'center', 'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link('invoice_pdf.php', 'oID=' . $oInfo->orders_id) . '" TARGET="_blank">' . tep_image_button('button_invoice_pdf.gif', 'generate pdf invoice for this order') . '</a>');

That's all.

I do not expect there would be support issues posted here but as standard I created this support thread.

Could you please check this line of code that you wrote. I added this to and it continues to give me a syntax error.

Thanks

Edited by kblocksom

Ken I was able to get the code straight on the above problem, but now when I go into ADMIN and attempt to print the PDF out in the invoice area it gives me this error:

Warning: getimagesize(images/oscommerce.gif) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\inetpub\vhosts\southern-delights.com\httpdocs\admin\invoice_pdf.php on line 103

Warning: getimagesize(images/oscommerce.gif) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\inetpub\vhosts\southern-delights.com\httpdocs\admin\includes\classes\fpdf.php on line 900

FPDF error: Unsupported image type: gif

Any ideas?

Thanks

Check your server has GD enabled for your site. if not, ask for it from your host, or find another decent host that does.

the GD library/functions should be available by default on a decent server.

Ken

Check your server has GD enabled for your site. if not, ask for it from your host, or find another decent host that does.

the GD library/functions should be available by default on a decent server.

Ken

Thanks for your quick response. Where can I find if GD has been enabled? And what exactly does GD stand for?

sorry I might have read your post too quick. in fact the problem/error is the oscommerce.gif is missing so make sure you have the image (oscommerce.gif) at /admin/images/.

or change that image name and/or folder on line 103 to suit your store.

Ken

Edited by GemRock