• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal Queries - Full Order shown in paypal

Sir Lance

Hi, I have installed Paypal IPN 2.3.3. I have created a dummy buyer and seller in my sandbox developer account and have successfully made a payment.

When the total shows up in paypal; is there a way you can send your order through to paypal so the user can see what he/she is paying for, instead of just the price ?

Within Paypal, the following statement "This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "MY_NAME". My name was actaully in the MY_NAME part. When I go live, what name is shown here - is it my STORE_NAME ??

Finally, although not really related, I note during checkout the display address was:

Test Paypal

12 Tinker Place

Sunnybank

Brisbane, 4109

QLD, TR

Could be some HTML code ?? Mind you I did install the How Did You Find Us contribution but I dont' think this affects the address table.

SL

Edited by Sir Lance

Hi, I have installed Paypal IPN 2.3.3. I have created a dummy buyer and seller in my sandbox developer account and have successfully made a payment.

When the total shows up in paypal; is there a way you can send your order through to paypal so the user can see what he/she is paying for, instead of just the price ?

Within Paypal, the following statement "This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "MY_NAME". My name was actaully in the MY_NAME part. When I go live, what name is shown here - is it my STORE_NAME ??

Finally, although not really related, I note during checkout the display address was:

Test Paypal

12 Tinker Place

Sunnybank

Brisbane, 4109

QLD, TR

Could be some HTML code ?? Mind you I did install the How Did You Find Us contribution but I dont' think this affects the address table.

SL

I have just re-read my post above. First I am trying to send the full order through to Paypal but it only sends the total. Does anyone know how to send the order over.

Secondly that shipping address has

Test Paypal

12 Tinker Place

Sunnybank

Brisbane, 4109

QLD, TR <------------------- THIS IS WHERE AN ERROR IS - WHAT IS THIS "TR". It that some sore of HTML table row ? I Enter QLD, Australia but not TR.

SL

OK I have read this of the PAYPAL SITE. http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/blog/ar...;jump=true#M814

Paypal recently enhanced the Express Checkout API to include checkout details in order to enhance the buyer's checkout experience. By passing additional parameters in the SetExpressCheckout request, the buyers are informed throughout the checkout process, and are more likely to complete the transaction.

The enhanced SetExpressCheckout API has 10 new parameters that you can pass in the request so that more detail will be displayed on the buyer's checkout page. These parameters will allow you to display line item details for all items that the buyer has purchased including shipping, tax and price adjustments.

Updating existing Express Checkout integrations will help your clients increase sales. It will also let them use Express

The screenshot in the above link shows the itemitised order which is what I want, however it appears the sandbox does not support yet but Paypal live does.

sliddicoat writes: body This is a really cool feature that many people on the forums have asked about in the past.

It would be good to mention that this feature requires a call to Version 53.0 of the API, but the Sandbox doesn't support V53.0 yet (as of 7/21/08.) The Live environment and Beta Sandbox do, though and I've verified that this works there.

I've only tested this with the SOAP API, but I'm guessing that the NVP API requires the same version.

Message Edited by sliddicoat on 07-21-2008 06:29 PM