• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site down

propertop

Any shed any light on this, and how to fix it?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User casualsv2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /content/StartupHostPlus/c/a/casualsclobber.co.uk/web/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

The hosting company are being quite unhelpful.

Any shed any light on this, and how to fix it?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User casualsv2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /content/StartupHostPlus/c/a/casualsclobber.co.uk/web/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

The hosting company are being quite unhelpful.

Well it is server side so they ought to help you.

They have set the maximum uesr connections and this setting can be changed by them.

Having said that .. your script could be running away creating too many connections via some poor scripting but it wouldn't happen script side with a standard oscommerce installation.

Well it is server side so they ought to help you.

They have set the maximum uesr connections and this setting can be changed by them.

Having said that .. your script could be running away creating too many connections via some poor scripting but it wouldn't happen script side with a standard oscommerce installation.

Thanks for that. Since posting that message I've done some digging around on the forum archive and one solution suggested was to make persistent connections false in the config.php file. I'm self taught with little experience so I've no idea what that actually means but I've checked the config.php file and it's set to false.

Does this mean it's almost certainly a hosting issue for them to sort out? The site has been running for over a year without any major issues or downtime like this.

Thanks for that. Since posting that message I've done some digging around on the forum archive and one solution suggested was to make persistent connections false in the config.php file. I'm self taught with little experience so I've no idea what that actually means but I've checked the config.php file and it's set to false.

Does this mean it's almost certainly a hosting issue for them to sort out? The site has been running for over a year without any major issues or downtime like this.

how often is it happening and where are you seeing the error?

It appeared last night for the first time and has been like that since. About 18 hours. It's the first time it has happened.

You only answered one part of the question

Ask your host to tell you what scripts are tying up your mysql usage... if you share a server, it may not even be your site.

Which ever way you look at it; it is your server settings not allowing the number of connections that your shop requires.

Archived