• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order emails have stopped and stock not deducting

Fuzzbutt.co.uk

I've not made ANY changes to these two features but I now don't get an order email thru, I just get the PayPal email showing the amount paid and the order reference number. The order also appears in the ORDERS list in the site admin. The stock is also not deducting either, despite set to TRUE in the "stock" menu. Anyone else come across this issue? How can it be fixed?

I'm using PayPal website payments standard and it worked like clockwork for weeks but now suddenly this happens. I'm stumped........

Imperial Sandtrooper TD-2441, UK Garrison

Ghostbuster "Dr Smith"

Do you have a resolution to your problem. I too am having problems with my store not sending me order emails. The only way I can tell that I have an order is when i get an email from Paypal.

I've not made ANY changes to these two features but I now don't get an order email thru, I just get the PayPal email showing the amount paid and the order reference number. The order also appears in the ORDERS list in the site admin. The stock is also not deducting either, despite set to TRUE in the "stock" menu. Anyone else come across this issue? How can it be fixed?

I'm using PayPal website payments standard and it worked like clockwork for weeks but now suddenly this happens. I'm stumped........

log in to paypal account, and go under profile and click on website payment preferences and change the setting to redirect the customer back to your site after they have paid through paypal, because if they don't get redirected to your site you won't be able to complete the transaction and that is the reason you don't get the order email, hope this helps

I have the same problem as well since today :( Does anyone know if the suggested change in paypal corrects this?? I am stumped too :( worked yesterday....doesnt work today :(

I had the same problem, and was able to fix it on our ecommerce server.

Emails were being sent out, then we updated to PLESK 8.4 and they stopped. Upgrading to PLESK 8.6 fixed the issue without tinkering with the cart script.

Hope this helps!

Archived