• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Mastercard Internet Gateway Service - visa payment but no order details

deliwasista

My shop has been working with no issues for almost 2 years.. until just recently.

The problem:

Every now and then I have sales which are not being logged into our database, eg there is no evidence in the control panel, but payments in our bank account (Payments are going thru via a Mastercard Internet Gateway Service with no problem)

The buyers sign up to buy. They are showing as members - with no orders.

We are relying on their complaints regarding non delivery of items to bring their purchase to our attention.. not very professional.

I did set up an autoreturn from the MIGS back to checkout_sucess.php when installing MIGS almost 2 years ago.

I have not made any changes to our online shop or database prior to these errors. The last mod was installed about year back.

The last buyer with a lost order reports "it directed me back to online store, there wasnt a confirmation email but there was a newsletter sent to my inbox a few minutes after purchase. Also before i entered my credit card details I changed my order from 2 pairs to one pair."

My host service provider tells me “There is no reason on the sever side that could cause sporadic disappearance of database entries.”

ANZ egate (bank service) support staff tell me "we have not heard of any similar issues with other merchants using OSCommerce"

does anyone have any ideas?

anything much appreciated!

It might be they are there but not showing up.

Try a search of the orders table usung the surname, or there are contirbutions for lost orders.

This has happened on a few sites i have worked on, the other alternative is to install an add on that records the sale beofre your customer leaver to pay.

Obviously then you will need to chack that they actually did pay!

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

It might be they are there but not showing up.

Try a search of the orders table usung the surname, or there are contirbutions for lost orders.

This has happened on a few sites i have worked on, the other alternative is to install an add on that records the sale beofre your customer leaver to pay.

Obviously then you will need to chack that they actually did pay!

Nic

Hi Nic,

thanks so much for your reply. Yes the payments are definately in the bank account - the was most definately my first point of call :)

I did check the orders table but sadly they werent there.

Have you installed any contribs for lost orders? any worth mentioning?

Also regarding the add on to record the sale - would you recall the name of this? I'd like to look into that also.

thanks!

Hiya,

There are a selection of order add ons here

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=order+logging

Lost order addons, i would imagine that they all work, go for the one that

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=recover+orders

a quick search only threw up two and not sure if they are what you are after or not, but it is a start.

Also try to search the database by amount spent, or address.

Of course it might just be the customer paid and them went off before being returned to your site.

Nic

Sometimes you're the dog and sometimes the lamp post

[/url]

My Contributions

Hiya,

There are a selection of order add ons here

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=order+logging

Lost order addons, i would imagine that they all work, go for the one that

http://addons.oscommerce.com/category?search=recover+orders

a quick search only threw up two and not sure if they are what you are after or not, but it is a start.

Also try to search the database by amount spent, or address.

Of course it might just be the customer paid and them went off before being returned to your site.

Nic

thanks so much for those links - looks like they might be my best bet to fix the problem. And if anyone comes across this post and has had this issue and identified the cause of the problem that would be interesting too!

a reply from ANZ bank eGate support staff.

this sadly doesnt mean much to me as Im still learning but it might be of some use to anybody else out there with the same issue who has a better coding base than myself.

"If the cardholder has closed their browser after the completion of the transaction but before the redirect to your reciept page, then it may be useful to employ the queryDR function.

The queryDR function is uses the MerchTxnRef field to query any receipts that have failed to come back."

:)

• 10 months later...

Im having a similar problem did anyone sort it out.

I have just installed this module and had it approved today by ANZ to go live.

The problem I have is that we had our first customer purchase through it but their order hasn't logged in admin. An email was sent by oscommerce when the order was made to notify us and the payment was approved but there is no order in admin.

This is fine for the time being but when things get busier it would be nice to go back to the simplicity of admin.

let me know if anyone sorted this out

Archived