• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems openeing /catalog

Aussie Dizzy

Hi All,

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I have wasted nearly 2 days thrashing this around.

I recently installed the On The Fly Conrtib and followed everything to the letter of the law and now my catalog link shows this:

------------------

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/sa/san/mydomain.com.au/public/www/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

-------------------

I have cross referenced all files and am now stuck.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dizzy

Check your /catalog/includes/configure.php file and make sure the database settings at the bottom of the file are correct (contacting your hosting provider to double check if your not sure what they are)

Check your /catalog/includes/configure.php file and make sure the database settings at the bottom of the file are correct (contacting your hosting provider to double check if your not sure what they are)

Thanks sLaV,

I contact my host and got everything sorted. Basically at the end of the day, what I did was what the contib said to do, but it was the way I did it was wrong. What I should have done was copied the existing configure.php file down from the server and then make the changes and reload. What I did was change my original configure.php file (the copy before the instalment) and uploaded it. Hence it was missing all the relevant information. A 5 minute fix that managed to take 2 days of hair pulling.

Once again thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Dizzy

Archived