• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New Header = Os Newbie needs help please!

Hello can anyone help please? I want to add my own header to my site, but I can't find what width I need to make the new header. The new header I uploaded was 780 wide, but the old headers background colour, ie black, is showing at the ends of my new header. I need to increase the width of my new header, but don't know where to look to find the size of my existing header, so that I can make my new header the same width. Can anyone help please? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Tony Brown

<right-click> on the image and choose "Properties".

In the dialogue box that opens up, look on the line that says "Dimensions".

That's the image size in pixels.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

<right-click> on the image and choose "Properties".

In the dialogue box that opens up, look on the line that says "Dimensions".

That's the image size in pixels.

Hello Jim - thanks for taking the time to reply. My existing header is 780x90, and on closer inspection, does not fill the full page width on my site, ie www.dealsonline4u.com. The background colour on my my header is very close to the #ffffff black on my site, so it looks if my existing header does fill the whole page width. The new header I want to use is a different colour to the site #ffffff. Is there another way I can find out what size to make my new header, so that it fills the whole page width of my site? If you have time to reply, I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Regards

Tony Brown

Unless you make your site a fixed width via your stylesheet, it won't fill the header on everyone's PC.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Unless you make your site a fixed width via your stylesheet, it won't fill the header on everyone's PC.

Thanks for all your information Jim. I now understand. I am new to all this and it does seem very confusing. Thanks again.

Regards

Tony Brown

If you need some help with that, there are contributions for this type of modification.

I looked at this one:

Fixed Width Site with CSS

It's easy to install, and I'm fairly certain I've seen it in the source code of many osC sites I've looked at.

- Me -

SSL Implementation Help

Archived