• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Product listing - view all and sort by price

lindsayanng

I have been looking through the contributions, and i can not find anything that will do this.

Basically, when viewing the product listing, you should be able to VIEW ALL (with no page breaks) and then sort by price (lowest to highest and highest to lowest)

To me, this is a MUST when i shop online. I have a rather fast computer, and i like to be able to show ALL the products in the category and then look throguh them when arranged from lowest to highest...

So.. Any suggestions on how to do this? If there is a contribution out there already, i have no seen it.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

If you set the products per page to some high value you wont get page breaks.

The number of products shown per page is set by 'Search Results' in 'Maximum Values'.

Sorting is done by headings, you don't have them in 'thumbnail' mode but I have been thinking of adding a drop down to the page for that function.

For default sort see:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=308798

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Auto Backup your Database, Easy way

Multi Images with Fancy Pop-ups, Easy way

Products in columns with multi buy etc etc

Disable any Category or Product, Easy way

Secure & Improve your account pages et al.

actually, i wanted to give the OPTION, because i will have a lot of products and i dont want to bog down people with slower cpus but i dont want to NOT have the option, so it would be nice to have a VIEW ALL or even more in depth have an option for SHOW 25 per page, show 50 per page, show all and then another drop down for list by price.

MOST online retailers have this option on their product listing, and i use it ALL THE TIME, so i woudl like to have it on mine.. if you were already planning on adding it to the contribution you are working on, thats even BETTER!!

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

so spooks, do you think you would WANT to incorporate something like that into your contribution???

Its done & uploaded.

;)

Sam

Remember, What you think I ment may not be what I thought I ment when I said it.

Contributions:

Where is the link to this contribution talked about here?

Product Listing Enhancements, Thumbnails & Manufacturer Headings http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6051

Sam

Contributions:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived