• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Orders coming through but no payment

John Kenny

About 60% of the orders coming through to me have no payment transferred. Instead of 'Pending' in the 'Status' column, I get 'Preparing (PayPal IPN)'. It's like the payment is bouncing or something. I can't seem to get around this and I'm worried I'm losing customers who get fed up and go elsewhere. Has anyone else experienced this? Any info, ideas, suggestions greatly appreciated.

John

About 60% of the orders coming through to me have no payment transferred. Instead of 'Pending' in the 'Status' column, I get 'Preparing (PayPal IPN)'. It's like the payment is bouncing or something. I can't seem to get around this and I'm worried I'm losing customers who get fed up and go elsewhere. Has anyone else experienced this? Any info, ideas, suggestions greatly appreciated.

John

So, you are not actually receiving the PayPal payments? Or is the issue that the system is not receiving confirmation of the payment?

If it is the latter, the issue is with the customer not clicking on the continue button at the end of the PayPal transaction.

If its the former, the customer is not completing the transaction once they are sent to PayPal, not much you can do about that.

In the paste we had a lot of people who did not click continue button after paying through PayPal, so the IPN never received the payment confirmation, and it created some real problems for us.

Good Luck

Tim

If its preparing IPN did You chek whether there were payment in Your paypal account.

Also chek admin to know what paypal account ID You have stated for the module.

Also in payment configuration.U do have to order status setting place one is pending and the other as processing.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

So, you are not actually receiving the PayPal payments? Or is the issue that the system is not receiving confirmation of the payment?

If it is the latter, the issue is with the customer not clicking on the continue button at the end of the PayPal transaction.

If its the former, the customer is not completing the transaction once they are sent to PayPal, not much you can do about that.

In the paste we had a lot of people who did not click continue button after paying through PayPal, so the IPN never received the payment confirmation, and it created some real problems for us.

Good Luck

Tim

That's right. We're not actually receiving the PayPal payment. So it could either be that they are not completing the transaction (in which case, having their orders cluttering up our order book is a bit of a pain) or they are not clicking the continue button as you suggest. My gut tells me they are not clicking 'continue'. Next time it happens, I'll e-mail the customer and ask if this is the case. Many thanks for your advice.

Regards

John

If its preparing IPN did You chek whether there were payment in Your paypal account.

Also chek admin to know what paypal account ID You have stated for the module.

Also in payment configuration.U do have to order status setting place one is pending and the other as processing.

Satish

I'll check this angle also. Many thanks for the feedback.

Regards

John

Archived