• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Certificate

I finnaly got around to buying a SSL certificate. So I went to the form to set it up and ran into a little problem,maybe you guys can help. Everthing was ok untill Came to the (generate CSR file).

There was an example CRS file there and I could understand it but I saw no way to generate it.

I called the SSL company to ask how to generate one. Here is the answers I recieved.

Who is your host? answer- I have none

You don't have a host? No I host myself

Do you have a web site? Yes several

Then you must have a host to have a server. No the server is in my office.

What server are you using? Answer- Hardware or software?

This went on for almost 30 minutes so I will cut this short. (They were no help. LOL!!!

I have my own server.

static IP address

Supermicro running Windows 2000 Server software with Fastream IQWEBserver software and I need

any help you can give to generate the CSR file before the time expires and I have to pay someone again. Thanks in advance.

BO

I finnaly got around to buying a SSL certificate. So I went to the form to set it up and ran into a little problem,maybe you guys can help. Everthing was ok untill Came to the (generate CSR file).

There was an example CRS file there and I could understand it but I saw no way to generate it.

I called the SSL company to ask how to generate one. Here is the answers I recieved.

Who is your host? answer- I have none

You don't have a host? No I host myself

Do you have a web site? Yes several

Then you must have a host to have a server. No the server is in my office.

What server are you using? Answer- Hardware or software?

This went on for almost 30 minutes so I will cut this short. (They were no help. LOL!!!

I have my own server.

static IP address

Supermicro running Windows 2000 Server software with Fastream IQWEBserver software and I need

any help you can give to generate the CSR file before the time expires and I have to pay someone again. Thanks in advance.

BO

Thanks guys I have generated the csr file myself. It took all of 5 minutes. Thanks for reading if you do.

Bo

I'm glad you got it resolved, but perhaps the reason you didn't get any answers was down to your post only existing for just over an hour and a quarter, and also that your post had absolutely nothing to do with osCommerce.

It had nothing to do with installation, configuration, modifying, adding contributions to it, resolving error messages etc. In short it was a question about self-administering your own server - and we don't deal with server administration here.

Vger

I'm glad you got it resolved, but perhaps the reason you didn't get any answers was down to your post only existing for just over an hour and a quarter, and also that your post had absolutely nothing to do with osCommerce.

It had nothing to do with installation, configuration, modifying, adding contributions to it, resolving error messages etc. In short it was a question about self-administering your own server - and we don't deal with server administration here.

Vger

Viger you are real helpfull most of the time and noone answered the question because I didn't give them the time to answer. Please check the time frame. Here in Texas we try to help no matter what the problem is, The reason I ask was because I thought I had messed up the config files for the ssl but I guess in the UK they don't teach manners. You are more than welcome to come to Texas we do teach them to our children. And first rule is respect your elders.

BO

Archived