• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help with osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.3.3

fishing

Hi oCommerce people!

I am having a problem trying to follow the documentation of the osCommerce_PayPal_IPN_v2.3.3 contribution. Specifically, the documentaton says

1.Copy the files in the directory structure set in the contribution download file to your osCommerce installation directory inc. the new /ext/ folder.

2.Make any changes you need to the language level files.

3.Go to the Administration Tool->Modules->Payment section at your osCommerce Administration Tool.

4.Install the PayPal IPN module and configure its parameters. Note: The module is disabled by default so configuration can occur during the operation of a live store."

It does not address two other files that are appearing in my paypal.ipn folder, one is ipn.php another is php.ini and I have a third file with the same name as the folder, paypal_ipn.php.

I am having trouble with my paypal testing that is probably related to these files. I do not get a confirmation email from paypal.

So the question is: What are these files and do they belong in the paypal_ipn folder?

Thanks for any help you can give

well, i think the php.ini files set the globals and such, so i would open in and compare it to your existing file, but DONT replace it - i wouldnt want a blackout on your site..

Otherwise, i cant really help you because i have not added this contribution//

The addons section for that contribution SHOULD give you a support thread, have you searched that support thread??

TO search a support thread, you just open the thread that you want to search and on the bottom right, there is a search box that will search for words JUST in that threa.d its a good tool

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived