• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation: database creation

mikeyyg

OK, step 1: make your database.

OK - HOW?

The documentation reads: "Using phpMyAdmin or another tool, create your database and user, and assign that user

to the database."

HOW do I do this?

I'm not dumb, I can program in C, perl, php, Javascript..... but I've never done this database stuff before. All other instructions are fine, I just can't find out how to do this step on the web. My server has MySQL, I transfer via SmartFTP Client. I downloaded phpMyAdmin, but couldn't make sense of how I use it for the above purpose.

Many thanks,

Mike

OK, step 1: make your database.

OK - HOW?

The documentation reads: "Using phpMyAdmin or another tool, create your database and user, and assign that user

to the database."

HOW do I do this?

I'm not dumb, I can program in C, perl, php, Javascript..... but I've never done this database stuff before. All other instructions are fine, I just can't find out how to do this step on the web. My server has MySQL, I transfer via SmartFTP Client. I downloaded phpMyAdmin, but couldn't make sense of how I use it for the above purpose.

Many thanks,

Mike

Your web host should have given you access to a control panel. The control panel should have phpmyadmin where you can create the blank database that is required for the installation of osc.

Does that help?

Archived