• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dreamweaver Weirdness (OT so be nice)

lindsayanng

I figured if i was GONNA ask anyone, i could ask you guys.

basically i taught my hubby how to edit and design his website that i made for him using dreamweaver (its a photography website) and since i am ALWAYS on the laptop working on my site, he put Dreamweaver on his old desk top.

So basically the desk top is the EXACT same setup as the laptop now, but there is something funcky with the file manager there. There is no GET FILE, and the file that shows as the root of the site (or the entire site) is called ftp://BSCPhoto instead of httpdocs, so it is impossible to try to sync the entire site with my desktop local file in order to do some offline editing (unless i want to DL the files one by one)

All of the FTP settings are set exactly the same as the laptop settings which was the original cpu used to edit the website. It is the same version on Dreamweaver, but some things seem different, maybe a different version of the same version??

I am just at a loss here. I am currently running THREE websites through the dreamweaver ftp program and have NEVER come across an issue like this

SO i was HOPING for any of you website pros out there might be able to help me out tongiht

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

nevermind.. i'm stupid. I was creating the wrong "kind" of site through dreamweaver, which is why the settings were not there

\

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived