• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Trouble with hotmail

XRainBoX

I'm using SMTP server with my information stored in sql, e-mails are sent in html, but if the customer have a hotmail account, he doesn't receive any email! but if he register with gmail.com or other provider he receives... my configuration at e-mail options:

E-Mail Transport Method: smtp

E-Mail Linefeeds: LF - whats the difference between LF e CRLF?

Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails: true

Verify E-Mail Addresses Through DNS: true - whats checked in this verification?

Send E-Mails: true

SMTP Server Host Address: [email protected]

SMTP Server EHLO / HELO Name: server.com

SMTP Server Port Number: 25

SMTP Authentication Required: true

SMTP Authentication Username: [email protected]

SMTP Authentication Password: secretpw

Something is wrong?

Thanks for help!

nobody?

I posted a possible answer yesterday in general help. The way OSC comes the mail header is not set in any of the emails so your webserver sets it and it gets filtered as spam. I think I posted under 'email headers' orsomething like that. Just look for my post yesterday it's a real easy fix if that's the problem.

Jeff

Need 'from' address in the headers position for PHP mail. If this arg is empty apache sets them to apache and they were getting blocked.

I added a 6th arg to the mail in /functions/general.php around line 1021:

OLD:

// Send message

$message->build_message();

$message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);

NEW:

// Send message

$message->build_message();

$message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject, $from_email_address);

Here is a copy of my SVN bug report:

Description Need 'from' address in the headers position for PHP mail. If this arg is empty apache sets them to apache and they were getting blocked. I added a 6th arg to the mail in /functions/general.php around line 1021:

OLD:

// Send message $message->build_message(); $message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject);

NEW:

Send message $message->build_message(); $message->send($to_name, $to_email_address, $from_email_name, $from_email_address, $email_subject, $from_email_address);

Archived